Thread: Furry Friends/amphibians/reptiles

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Furry Friends/amphibians/reptiles

How many of you have cats/dogs and frogs/lizards and how do they all get along???

My cats have been good for the past two months but lately my cat Sasha (who at 10 is my youngest, therefore still my baby) has been jumping on the leopard gecko tank. I think she's just fascinated with the crickets because she's part of the whole gathering crickets for feeding routine. I also think she does it because I've been paying more attention to the frogs and geckos lately.
    4.1.0White's Green Tree Frog (OliveR, Shrek, Skitter,Frankie,Storm)
    0.3.0 Cats (Isis, Cleo, Sasha)
    1.1.0 Bearded Dragon (Dexter,my girl)(Luci, my boy)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]

When I first got my frogs and crickets & roaches my cat used to watch them. Now that she's used to them she doesn't even pay attention to them, except for the occasional loose cricket, which she bats around.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

KingCam

Default Re: Furry Friends/amphibians/reptiles

My girlfriend has a little dog, Chico. Chico is a lahsa apso yorkie mix, plus he was the runt of the litter, so he's very small (7lbs). He is only allowed in the basement with my animals while I'm there with him, that way nothing will happen (like a dog jumping in a bin of thousands of roaches). If he sees my grey tree frogs moving around or my tiger salamanders he goes nuts. He couldn't care less about my axolotls, cane toad, prairie kingsnake, milk frogs, or guppies.

The tiger salamanders are oblivious to anything but being fed, so sometimes I let chico get close to the tank where he can paw at it a bit XD It's hilarious, actually. He starts to wimper and whine after trying to claw through the glass for a minute. I wouldn't let him harass my other animals, but I am truly convinced the tiger salamanders absolutely do not care about his pawing. They come right up to the glass where he's pawing thinking they are going to get fed, hahaha. Of course then I feed them as reward for putting up with the ridiculous dog.

Nationality
    [United States]

All my critters are kept in my room or in the room connected to my room. One of my cats is ALWAYS in my "Animal Room" She doesn't bother anyone. She just likes sleeping on top of the water heater. Then when she hears someone either in the bathroom or I go in my room then she meows like she's stuck in that room and doesn't know how to get out. lol. My room is in the basement, so the ceiling is basically all open and she gets up into the ceiling through the laundry room to get to my animal room. My bedroom door is always kept shut, so my dogs are never around my other critters.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by KingCam View Post
    My girlfriend has a little dog, Chico. Chico is a lahsa apso yorkie mix, plus he was the runt of the litter, so he's very small (7lbs).
    I bet Chico is a cutie!

Quote Originally Posted by toxxxickitten View Post
    One of my cats is ALWAYS in my "Animal Room" She doesn't bother anyone.
    My cat Cleo hangs out in our critter room. That's where we spend most of our time so she wants to be by us. Plus at 24 pounds she's not jumping on anything, she knows her limitations!

Quote Originally Posted by Heatheranne View Post
    When I first got my frogs and crickets & roaches my cat used to watch them. Now that she's used to them she doesn't even pay attention to them, except for the occasional loose cricket, which she bats around.
    Sasha LOVES the crickets. She watches closely as I take them out of the tank and then she guards each plastic baggy so none escape.

I've been watching a show called "My cat from hell", I've picked up a few pointers to try to break her of the habit of climbing on the tanks. I've ordered her a new climbing tree, hopefully that will satisfy her need to be up high. Hopefully she will get bored with the frogs.
    4.1.0White's Green Tree Frog (OliveR, Shrek, Skitter,Frankie,Storm)
    0.3.0 Cats (Isis, Cleo, Sasha)
    1.1.0 Bearded Dragon (Dexter,my girl)(Luci, my boy)

Thread Information