Thread: Cranwelis or onate

Monthud

Default Cranwelis or onate

Hey im new to this fourm. i currently have a pixie frog whihc only eats 2 5 week crickets per day but then gets full Im thinking on a pacman frog . I cant decide whether to get a ornate or a cranwelis

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Canada]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Cranwelis or onate

a pixie? 2-5 crickets a day? is it a baby?

if you want a pacman, do your research first, there is a great care sheet here and lots of advice too. Then just get one who would look at your with those big sad eyes i like ornate cos they more colorful and grow bigger, cranwelli are super cute. get one from Kelly ( Ectothermic reptiles), he is coming next weekend to Calgary show and should be vending at ERAS show (Edmonton) at the end of the month too. I got ornate from him in Red Deer, it was already tong ( and fingers) trained :lol: and would eat anything moving or not as long he is outside his cage and it is in front of his face. very happy!

Welcome to the forum!
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

Nationality
    [United States]

If you are disappointed with your pixie's appetite, then chances are a pacman isn't going to be satisifying either. Appetite can vary greatly from frog to frog. But often its conditions are the most influencial factors in how much it will eat.

Like Lija said, research is required. For a pacman to thrive they need fairly specific conditions and care. They cannot be handled often. They get stressed easily. Overall they are a very inactive frog. These are just things to be aware of before purchasing one. I think they are amazing creatures, but they are definitely not for everyone.

Welcome to the forum.

Monthud

Thanks i have had pacmans in the past. ive just gotten back to the hobby after a couple years of being absent. yea I picked up the pixie frog from Kelly too at the wras . Lija are you part of eras?

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Ornates are generally brighter in color, grow larger and are more aggressive with a strong feeding response.

Nationality
    [Canada]

Quote Originally Posted by Monthud View Post
    Thanks i have had pacmans in the past. ive just gotten back to the hobby after a couple years of being absent. yea I picked up the pixie frog from Kelly too at the wras . Lija are you part of eras?
    no, from taras, Calgary
    Save one animal and it doesn't change the world, but it surely changes the world for that one animal!

GeorgiaBulls

If u want a frog thats an aggressive eater I'd def go with an ornate over a cranwelli.
    Ornates are super aggressive eating machines.

IvoryReptiles

I know our Ornates are really aggressive feeders....but I have to say, our cranwelli aren't any less responsive! Ours go for their food like starving animals.....and believe me, they are FAR from starving!

Thread Information