Thread: Underground Pacman.

Jabba

Default Underground Pacman.

Hi everyone, First post here!

I got a pacman frog on friday. It's very small (about 1 inch). It ate a few crickets on Friday, ate a few crickets yesterday, which was cool. It would always kinda bury itself but leave its head out.

Yesterday night, I tried giving it a cricket again and it didnt want it. After that, it completely buried itself in the dirt. I mean completely. Gone, Could not even see it. I dug it out, and it buried itself again. This morning I dug it out again. (I understand I shouldnt be doing this and will stop digging it out.

Anyways. I use plantation soil, the temperature in the tank is about 85 on the warm side and 75 on the cool side, it's got a shallow water dish, the humidity is about 70%. Technically those are supposed to be the perfect conditions no?

Is this behaviour normal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

countfrogula

Default Re: Underground Pacman.

my pacman does the same thing. I think it is normal. We'll see what the others say.

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Yes, they bury themselves a lot and don't do much. From a pet point of view they are relatively boring.
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

Kurt

From a house plant point of view, they are kind of interesting.

Jabba

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Yes, they bury themselves a lot and don't do much. From a pet point of view they are relatively boring.
    OK, so I don't know if this is just a coincidence (im just a newbie), but i think it might have going that far into the dirt cause it wasnt humid enough. After reading on estivating, I decided to try adding more water to the soil to raise the humidity. An hour later it ate and it hasnt buried itself that much anymore. (it's head is still sticking out).

I know what you guys mean by the pacman not being super active, but i'm okay with that. At least he eats like a beast, thats pretty cool to watch.

Thanks!

Nox2323

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    From a house plant point of view, they are kind of interesting.

hahahahaha. bang on! think of it as the best carnivorous plant ever.

JeffX

I had the same concerns when I was a noob. It's perfectly normal, and he'll come out when he's ready.

cvBon1

Yes, one of my pacmans is being a complete loner and is buried the other is active. I agree with JeffX, hell come out when he thinks its time... by the way.. "From a house plant point of view, they are kind of interesting." lmao. Awesome! Kudos.

Kurt

Thanks.

Thread Information