Thread: Got some Bufo debilis today

Billy

Default Got some Bufo debilis today

I was lucky to get some of these from a reptile shop in the town 10 miles from where I live. I've wanted some of these for quite a while now, and have had a hard time finding any without ordering them online. I expected them to be like a garden variety toad, where they just sit and look at you. They are all over the tank I set up for them, and act like little rubber super-balls! Non- stop bounce bounce bounce! I LOVE THEM.
    They are a very pretty species, and have a ton of personality. Besides, I love toads of any species. I think toads have the mind-set and peronality of a dog, these B. debilis have that personality and a nice green color. I just wish they were bigger.
    The two that I got are males(dark throat). But is there anyone that sells any females? I wish I had a camera to take pics. Well, thanks for reading.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

Default Re: Got some Bufo debilis today

I have one (see my avatar) and he has always been a little spaz. He is a western green male, Anaxyrus debilis insidior. Whats yours, western or eastern? I have had mine for a few years now. Hoping to maybe getting him a buddy next week in Manchester.

Billy

They are the Western. I guess the ideal term would be spaz. My god, I wish I could bottle the energy they have and give it to myself. They are just that active. So far, I am very pleased to own them. Is it possible to breed them at all in a large aquarium at home? Definitely a project I'd like to undertake if in any way possible.

Kurt

They don't ever seem to mellow down over the years. Don't if its possible to breed them, never tried, I only have the one.

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    They don't ever seem to mellow down over the years. Don't if its possible to breed them, never tried, I only have the one.
    So I'm going to have little green bouncie balls for a while, I like that idea

Thread Information