Thread: Pacman still refusing to eat

infamouschris7

Default Pacman still refusing to eat

So I'm still having problems with the same pacman about eating. The first problem was impaction which I'm pretty positive that he passed already. I've done all the soaks which I think is what helped with his impaction. I took him to the vet already and she prescribed an antibiotic because she said he may have had an infection. Well he just pooped again today and I tried to feed him just now and yesterday but he refuses to take anything.

Just a few days ago he tried to jump after some crickets that I dropped in his tank but eventually gave up. I have him housed in the same aquarium (split) with a younger fantasy frog which has actually passed him up in size. So my concern is about getting him to eat and grow because he hasn't grown much since I've had him. He won't take anything that I wiggle in his face. He usually just turns his body.

I wuz successful in getting him to eat a nightcrawler last week but that's only because I had to pick him up and kind of open his mouth myself. I don't want to have to do that because I know it will stress him out.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

IvoryReptiles

Default Re: Pacman still refusing to eat

Have you done what was already advised and made sure the frogs can't see each other?

infamouschris7

Yes I did

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Have you tried rubbing the worm on his mouth or just under the chin?

cambaker

are you ripping off the hind legs of the crickets so they're easier to catch?

infamouschris7

Yes I've tried the rubbing on his mouth. I'll get lucky sometimes and he will open his mouth very small. As for the crickets yes I tried that but he eventually gave up. I tried again hours late with the crickets and again he snapped then stopped but he won't do anything after that except sit there

IvoryReptiles

Sounds to me like the frog is frustrated or impaired. Does it have full use of all of it's limbs? Have you watched the videos we so painstakingly put together for folks having issues feeding the frogs? You may have to put more effort into teasing the frog with the worms to get him to eat.
    Honestly, when we do have a problem with getting a frog to eat it is usually due to either stress or illness. Post some pictures so we can try to help more if possible.

infamouschris7

Yes this is the same frog that has a problem with his rear legs. I've watched all ur videos but I've honestly tried everything to get this guy to eat

Thread Information