Thread: Pacman Food

DorkiTimmy

Default Pacman Food

Soo guys i have been going to the reptile store every week to purchase a dollar large cricket for my pacman and it starting to become a hassle and gas money so i was wondering how hard it is to breed cricket how many crickets to start off with? I already have a 10 gal with 30 crickets? not all big but female and male with a moist dirt area and 2 cup of of water that they can access and with lettus and watermelons for food and carrots how does that sound so far i seen some female on the dirt and they are sticking their needle into the dirt good sign should i remove the dirt or just leave it there?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

IvoryReptiles

Default Re: Pacman Food

The "Needle" they are sticking into the ground is them laying eggs........they are females.
    I would suggest varying the diet. Next trip, get some crickets & Nightcrawlers. Switch between feeding those to the frog. Make sure the worms are dye & chemical free and that you cut appropriate sized bits to offer the frog.
    As for feeding the crickets, you need to offer them different foods. They sell a gut-load food for them at the pet stores. Or you can also feed them oats for variety. We prefer feeding dubias over the crickets because they are more nutritious and less likely to be carriers of parasites or disease.

Best of Luck!

DorkiTimmy

Hahaha thanks for the tip Yes i feed my pacman frog a variety of food I was just question how to breed crickets since its one of the stable food for my pacmans I have a ornate around 2.5 inch and a baby normal brown green pacman i just recently bought i feed them nightcrawlers, Sometimes mealworms , and goldfish that i breed myself but not daily maybe once or twice a month. And fed a pinkie maybe once a month but roaches i havnt consider cause i feel very icky with it and they are a bit more costly haha Well thankyou for the tip (:

PaulyMolitor

I would go dubia roach colony over crickets. It will take weeks to get the colony up and running but def worth it

Thread Information