Thread: Little Milkies

KingCam

Talking Little Milkies

So, while browsing craigslist's pet section (I have a serious problem, someone take CL away from me!!) I found a listing for two baby amazon milk frogs, plus 20 gal tank, light, live plant, and tank decorations for only $50.

I absolutely did not have the money to spend on something like that, so I said to myself, "Self, this is already a ridiculously good price. Offer $40, hopefully it'll insult him and he will refuse to sell them to you. You know you don't need to be getting any more slimy skinned animals." So that's what I did. However, my plan didn't really work out.

He accepted my offer of $40 and I picked the little froglets up, tank and all, 4 hours later

The tank was awfully dirty, and looked like it hadn't been cleaned from whatever lived in there previous to these baby frogs :'( Also, he said this thing was a 20 gal, but I bet it's closer to 25 or 30, which is awfully big for two thumbnail sized baby frogs.

I took them out of their oversized tank and put them in a nice clean, freshly planted and put together 10 gallon tank. It has two small spider plants, a small live unidentified plant, two golden pothos cuttings, a large water dish, and a mix of coco fiber and organic sphagnum peat moss. I am misting twice daily with distilled water to keep their humidity levels up. Instead of covering the back and sides I just put the tank all the way against the wall on the back, and then I put potted plants on both sides of it. Granted, I probably still need to add more plants for these rainforest dwellers, but I think this will be okay for a few days.

They look kinda skinny, but not terribly. The bigger of the two tong fed once and readily hunted down a few newborn dubia roaches. The smaller one won't eat in front of me yet, but it was sitting on the edge of the feeding bowl this morning, so I think that's a good sign.

Hope you enjoyed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Little Milkies

I am so so jealous. I've been wanting to add Milkies to my collection for months However, my husband has put the kabash on anymore critters (at least for a while). But $40 for those two cuties I'd have risked the wrath.
    Karen from Montana
    The Reasons that I have to Work:
    1.2.0 - Equine - Butter Baby, Freedom
    0.1.0 - Feline - Cassie
    3.1.0 - Canine - 1 Min Schnauzer, AJ
    1 Lhasa Apso/Poodle X, DaniLyn
    2 Giant Schnauzers, Trucker & Trooper
    0.0.4 - Axolotls - Hewey, Lewey & Dewey, Angel & Fire
    0.1.0 - Hermann's Tortoise - Ari
    0.0.3 - Bufo Boreals - Wynken, Blynken, and Nod
    1.0.0 - Humanus Maritus - Ron

Thread Information