Thread: How to make a tall vivarium look good?

BettaShawn

Question How to make a tall vivarium look good?

I have an exo terra 18" x 18" x 24" high terrarium...and basically it looks like ****. I have all these short/ medium plants at the very bottem and some artificial vines hanging random places. I want it to look very natural, but am unsure as to how to do that. I figured adding more soil to give it a slope is a starter. I'm also looking for some plants to fill in the background. Its the standard exo terra background...nothing special. The tank is housing a single White's tree frog. Thanks for the help in advance.

-Shawn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

dadmccabe

Default Re: How to make a tall vivarium look good?

I looked through you album. Your viv looks good. Don't over do it. Perhaps some interesting branches and / or some long pothos cuttings (you'd need to root them somewhere of course) for more places for you White's to climb and hide?? There's also cork bark (flats our rounds) that are 100% natural.. I'm in an early stage myself - waiting for my viv to "grow in" around the features in-place.. but that's how I did mine.. all natural (aside from the water dish) no glue, not Great Stuff foam, no pumps or water features... I really enjoy planting the tank. I've lost a few plants (orchids & bromeliads = no luck!) I've found some that are flourishing.. keeps me busy

ToadPaparazzi

I'm a fan of simple vertical tanks myself. I usually find a nice, tall piece of cork bark and either wedge it in or attach it to the tank and mount broms and vining plants. I use leaf-litter and a variety of begonias. Here is an example of one of my simplistic 20gallon verts which houses a trio of Ranitomeya Amazonica poison dart frogs. I'm not sure how to adapt this concept for tree frogs though.

Thread Information