Thread: bull frog tadpole

zachandjocelyn

Default bull frog tadpole

so i have a bull frog tadpole and it just got its back legs is there anything i should know about bull frogs before its fully developed? i have never had one or had to take care of one before :/ any suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

KingCam

Default Re: bull frog tadpole

They will eat anything that moves if they can fit it in their mouths, so don't house them with other animals (you should really never mix speices regardless). Provide plenty of ways for your polywog to easily exit the water for when it's ready. An adult bullfrog will require a very large enclosure with both land and water areas. A big water area with strong filtration will be required for the messy adults.

zachandjocelyn

thank you. i have a pyxie and she is about 2 pounds but i still dont want to mix them because pyxies are the same way about fitting it in their mouth. so they move around a lot? as a tadpole the are VERY energetic and like to splash water everywhere!

KingCam

Quote Originally Posted by zachandjocelyn View Post
    thank you. i have a pyxie and she is about 2 pounds but i still dont want to mix them because pyxies are the same way about fitting it in their mouth. so they move around a lot? as a tadpole the are VERY energetic and like to splash water everywhere!
    American bullfrogs are more active than Pixy frogs. Also, american bullfrogs are a vector for Chytrid fungus, NEVER PUT YOUR BULLFROG WITH ANY OTHER AMPHIBIANS!!

zachandjocelyn

It finally has legs!!!!!!!! all four legs! i was completely shocked on how fast the legs grew!!!!

Thread Information