Thread: How to add green to terrarium

aksdgff

Default How to add green to terrarium

I have two whites dumpy tree frogs. My set up is pretty basic. I have them in an exo terra 18x18x18. I have the bottom lined with coco fiber, a large fake tree in the center with lots of fake leaves and vines all around it, and a large dish for them to bathe in. I also have a green background on the tank. One of my frogs is green half the time (usually around feeding time, but also randomly) but my other frog is rarely green. (sometimes VERY green, so he is capable) i have the humidity and temperatures set perfectly from what i have read, and they have a day/night timer. I'm not sure if my frogs are unhappy or if they just don't have enough green in the tank. I'm looking for ideas to add more green to the tank. I've thought about adding live plants, but i'm not sure about it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Adam R

Default Re: How to add green to terrarium

with the right kind of lighting and moisture live plants can really thrive and add color and also life to your tank. i would look into it more. ive had many aquariums with fake plants and they just never measure up ever since i started using live

aksdgff

Default Re: How to add green to terrarium

i got some pothos and i'm not extremely happy with how my terrarium turned out =/ i'm not sure my frogs are happy with the plants either but they could just be adjusting

i also got a pretty small bromeliad, but didn't have room to add it comfortably.

Thread Information