Thread: Is tv stressing my frogs?

melsfrogs

Default Is tv stressing my frogs?

I moved my 2 tree frogs (a white's and a cuban) into my bedroom, because my bedroom is warmer and they are easier to monitor. (i am a nervous new frog owner). I am worried if the tv will stress them out. they are pretty close to it and it is on alot in the evening. Any suggestions, please?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

samfrog

Default Re: Is tv stressing my frogs?

pretty simple , cover them up while also making sure that the ventilation at the top of there tank remains uncovered, and obviously dont allow what ever ur using to cover up the tank (towel , cloth, duvette etc.) that it does NOT come into contact with ur heat source, this works on my frogs and calms them down a whole load, also if they still get stressed by it then try a fogger, but buy the one for a human, then adapt the outlet to suit a frog tank, the more powerfull steam calms my frogs down alot when there abit on edge

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Maybe????
    My frogs are more active and eat more at night when they are in a completely dark and quiet room.
    However, that's not to say your frogs won't adapt?
    Maybe place a blanket around their enclosures in order to muffle sound and difuse light?
    1.1.0 White's Treefrog
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf Frog

mrzoggs

I agree. Try a blanket. My frogs like it pitch black. I will admit, I do keep my tv on for a while before I go to bed though :P

Nationality
    [United States]

My frog croaks at us when the tv is too loud, so i wouldnt turn it up too loud at night, lol.

melsfrogs

Thumbs up Re: Is tv stressing my frogs?

Thank you all so much!! I had not even thought of a blanket to muffle the sound. You all are the best.

melsfrogs

Another quick question (sorry). My two aquariums are side by side. Should I cover the glass between them, or do you think they would like watching each other? (One is a Cuban and the other a White's)

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

My whites are in the same room that my boyfriend plays video games. Usually he has the sound down and the radio on or a movie on the computer. They don't seem to mind because it's not very loud. Shrek, my older frog seems to love watching when he plays a basket ball game. He is GLUED to the side of the tank. Anything else he doesn't really care. LOL!

I would cover up between the two tanks, it might stress them out especially if they see food in the other tank.

Thread Information