Thread: Eye problems

Pezsas

Default Eye problems

okay I don't know what this is on his eyes. First off he is a young Vietnamese blue Gliding frog,Polypedates dennysi i believe. I just recently got him. When i first got him he almost died from overheating, he survived that, then a few days later, i came home to find him floating in his water feature (no more water feature that was my mistake) well he survived that too. however he now has these white milky coverings over his eyes, i am not sure what they are the photos do not do them justice. Im simply not sure if its bacteria or what but this guy is a trouper and i'd like to keep him going, so if anybody could help me out I would be very thankful.
    Name:  DSC_1905.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  43.3 KBName:  DSC_1906.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  39.6 KBName:  DSC_1907.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  32.9 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Eye problems

Quote Originally Posted by Pezsas View Post
    okay I don't know what this is on his eyes. First off he is a young Vietnamese blue Gliding frog,Polypedates dennysi i believe. I just recently got him. When i first got him he almost died from overheating, he survived that, then a few days later, i came home to find him floating in his water feature (no more water feature that was my mistake) well he survived that too. however he now has these white milky coverings over his eyes, i am not sure what they are the photos do not do them justice. Im simply not sure if its bacteria or what but this guy is a trouper and i'd like to keep him going, so if anybody could help me out I would be very thankful.
    Name:  DSC_1905.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  43.3 KBName:  DSC_1906.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  39.6 KBName:  DSC_1907.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  32.9 KB
    Bacterial infection. He needs a Herp Vet to provide antibiotics. He looks rather frail too. Is he lethargic? Does he still eat ok?

Pezsas

he hasnt eaten since i got him home, i tried feeding him before this happened. He might have been going after crickets when he fell into water, but otherwise he has not eaten and barely moved, i was worried crickets would chew on him instead of him eating the crickets, but today i saw more movement so he has a few crickets in with him now. hopefully he eats.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Pezsas View Post
    he hasnt eaten since i got him home, i tried feeding him before this happened. He might have been going after crickets when he fell into water, but otherwise he has not eaten and barely moved, i was worried crickets would chew on him instead of him eating the crickets, but today i saw more movement so he has a few crickets in with him now. hopefully he eats.
    You can place the crickets in a small glass bowl and sink it into the substrate. The crickets can grip the glass so they can't escape. Easy pickings. You may also want to go out and buy some UNFLAVORED PEDIALYTE and prepare a bath at a 10 to 1 ratio. So for every 10 ounces of Luke warm Re-chlorinated water add 1 ounce of UNFLAVORED PEDIALYTE. Soak him for 20 minutes. This should provide a little boost for him. Also pick up some Fluker's Repta-Aid(Repta-Boost). You may need it as well.

Pezsas

okay will do, thank you for the advice I shall keep you up dated on what happens to this little survivor

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Your frog is in need of a Vet. A pedelite bath in de-chlorinated water will get some vital nutrients back into him but the infection pictured need the right medications prescribed and put into use ASAP.

Good luck with him.
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf/ Frog - Agalychnis callidryas
    1.1.1 Bumblebee Dart Frog - Dendrobates leucomelas
    1.1.0 Dendrobates truncatus - Yellow Striped
    1.1.1 Dendrobates tinctorius – Bakhuis Mountain
    1.1.0 - Dendrobates tinctorius - Powder Blue
    1.1.0 - Ranitomeya vanzolinii

8. This member thanks DonLisk for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]

His eyes definitely need treatment. Infections in the eyes will worsen quickly if not treated. You will need vet prescribed medication, as noted above. Follow the instructions above.

Your baby has been deconditioned and will need the nutrients. He will need assistance in healing now.

Good luck! Keep us posted!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Pezsas

Im Sorry to tell you all this but the little guy didn't make it, his eye was almost healed completely. However I was forced to move houses, and in his weakened state he did not make the move

Nationality
    [United States]

Default Eye problems

I am sorry for your loss .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Thread Information