Thread: Bringing frog out of hibernation

hyla

Default Bringing frog out of hibernation

Can someone please give me some info on this process? I need details on gradual temp and light increases. Also do i just start feeding her regularly or does that need to be a gradual increase as well? I would like to start this by tomorrow - Thank you guys!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [Ireland]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Bringing frog out of hibernation

What kind of frog? How have you been keeping it? How long? How do you keep it normally?
    Founder of Frogforum.net (2008) and Caudata.org (2001)

hyla

Its a wild caught gray tree frog. It has been at a temp of 49-50 degrees F in a dark closet with humidity at 60% for about 3 months. I have had her since May 09. She was housed in a 10 gal. aquarium but I just bought a 18x18x24 terrarium that I was going to put her in next.

Kurt

My eastern milk snake stops eating usually around November, so he gets put down in the cellar for the winter. Around April I bring him out. I just bring him upstairs, with no gradual changes in light, and no problems. Changes in temperture occur in the cellar as the seasons change and my guess is it's the same in your closet.
    I have been doing this for years, with this snake and several others. I can't say for sure if it will be the same with your gray treefrog as well. My suspicions are that it will be.

Thread Information