Thread: Unidentified Frog

paris

Default Unidentified Frog

Hi everyone!

I decided to make an account here on the Frog Forum because last night I noticed a strange frog on the side of my house and was just curious as to what kind of frog it was. I've tried googling different species of frogs that live in my area and none seem to match the description.

Since it was clinging to the side of my house, I'm assuming that it was some form of tree frog. I live in New Brunswick, Canada so since I'm not very knowledgeable about frogs, I was quite surprised to learn that there are tree frogs outside of tropical rainforests (I know, you're probably thinking I'm such a frog noob). It was about the size of a quarter in length, maybe a little bit smaller and very slender. It has very smooth, light brown skin and really cute black eyes. These are the only features of the frog that I am able to remember, sorry. I wish I had gotten a picture but after a four hour wait at the hospital with my boyfriend who apparently had mono, I was too tired to turn my phone on and snap a photo (I'm a pretty lazy person on a good day).

Anyway, I'd love to hear any of your thoughts. Oh! I almost forgot, the little guy was singing! It was really interesting!

This is the only picture that I have been able to find that looks kind of like what this frog looked like:
    http://www.tree-frogs.info/graytreefrog.jpg
    However, the description says that they are gray when this frog was light brown and that they have slightly bumpy skin, while this frog was perfectly smooth. The size of the frog in the picture is exactly what the little guy on my house looked like as well.

Anyway, I'd love to hear any of your thoughts. Oh! I almost forgot, the little guy was singing! It was really interesting!

Thanks everyone!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

KingCam

Default Re: Unidentified Frog

There's a good chance it is a grey tree frog, but no one will really be able to help you with the ID if you can't provide a photo. Good luck!

Rae

Default Re: Unidentified Frog

Grey tree frogs can be white, grey, brown, tealish, green etc. solid or patterned... they are considered the chameleon of tree frogs. if you you tube grey tree frog calling u can compare its calls. Also if you see it again and under its hind legs is yellow or orangy its a grey

Thread Information