Thread: Green Tree Frog has strange color.

NetworkLabs

Default Green Tree Frog has strange color.

I just went to check out my 2 new American Green Tree Frogs and the baby is a Greyish White. Does anyone know what this means? He seems to be more active now but I just wonder if this new color means anything.

I will post a picture tomorrow for I am a little tired.

Thanks,
    NetworkLabs

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rae

Default Re: Green Tree Frog has strange color.

Maybe he thinks hes a grey tree frog lol. But seriously I haven't heard of that. Is he normally a bright green? Hope hes ok...

NetworkLabs

I just got him 4 days ago. I think he only turns into this color at night because he's back to a dark brown now. He has yet to turn green, but he seems normal. He eats well and acts well. I guess he's still just getting used to his environment. Hope it's nothing bad though!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

A picture of him and his home would help to determine, if you can post some.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

NetworkLabs

Okay, I will do that. I do know this -
    The housing is okay but not great. He does have plants to climb on but not many. I need to get some plants soon.

I will be posting images soon.

NetworkLabs

Please go to the link below to view the pictures I have taken. This is so I don't overload a page with images.

Link - http://nwlcreations.tk/images/frogs/...en_tree_frogs/

PS - Sorry for the bad quality! My only camera at this time is a iPod touch 4g!

Nationality
    [United States]

Okay, no worries, you can make him happy again....
    It is likely he is just stessed.

First, be sure to keep his humidity at 70 to 80%. this means you'll have to mist the tank 2x/day or more. Add a water bowl and use dechlorinating drops to the water. I mix mine up in a gallon water jug. Or, you can use spring water. Do not use plain bottled water or drinking water, it must be dechlorinated.

Add a background to the back and both sides of the tank. They'll especially like backgrounds that look like the outdoors. It makes them feel safe .

Add plants...quite a few more. Because they are arboreal, they will feel stressed if they don't have plants to climb and hide in. This is important for him.

What are his house temps?

If you can keep his temps between 75 and 80 degrees, his humidity at 70 to 80%, and make him feel safe and secure by adding plants and covered sides his stress will decrease, he will eat and be rehydrated, and his color should brighten up.

Does he look dry? If he does, spray his house and soak him in a water bowl. If he hasn't been eating, get some plain clear pedialyte (in the children's section of any store near the formula), and some repta-boost (in the reptile section). Start with the pedialyte and add one part pedialyte to 10 parts dechlorinated or spring water in a water bowl or small cricket keeper only deep enough for him to sit in, about a 1/4 inch and have him soak for 15 to 20 minutes. If he will not sit in it try putting plain paper towels in it and add the water to about 1/4 inch above the towels. Be sure the water isn't too deep. He only needs to sit in it. They don't seem to mind the towels as much.

Your baby just needs to feel at home and like he's safe and in his natural habitat. He wants to live in the trees and likes the humidity .

Keep me posted.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

NetworkLabs

Well, that is true. He's only been here for 5 days. But he doesn't eat unless I pick him up and put him down in the cage. Then when he see's the crickets, he'll eat one and go back to rest. But a background and plants is a yes. I will be doing that soon. Plants, that will have to be a little later, but they will be added. Thanks for the reminders, I have totally forgotten about those steps!

Nationality
    [United States]

Any time .

Even one plant would help. If you're looking for a super easy plant pothos are great. They are a vine type plant.

Nationality
    [United States]

If you'd like a small transplanted clipping from my large one, let me know. I've got a big hanging one I steal branches from . I'll send it to you free of charge.

Thread Information