Thread: New Addition, and cool story! :)

Kyle4

Talking New Addition, and cool story! :)

So, as some of you know, i lost my bright green firebelly yesterday after a two day struggle.
    When i went to the pet store a bit ago, to get some crickets, i sadly told the lady (she sent me here btw, and got me set up!) that one of them had died. told her what he was doing and how he acted. and she goes "well, you know, we can replace that one.." i kind of lit up, but felt bad. heh, i wasnt expecting to get a replacement. i even told her i was gonna come buy another one next friday. lol.
    But, anyway. here he is! (or she?!)
    Name:  523156_423029614400839_364194707_n.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  34.5 KB
    VERY shy still!
    Name:  574578_423040947733039_433761207_n.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  89.7 KB
    He was being.. odd.
    Name:  253992_423040984399702_1700132714_n.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  66.5 KB
    Also have some questions about the one i got on monday... she/he is VERY little. and hides A LOT. which doesnt bother me as much as this. i NEVER seen he/she eat! it concerns me... i even stuck it in a seperate container with a medium and small cricket. to she if it would eat then... but i think it was too freaked out. any suggestions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

MantisMan

Default Re: New Addition, and cool story! :)

i think it's a male
    the first few days it will be very shy, give it time to explore the cage undisturbed and by next week he should eat and do ok

4. This member thanks MantisMan for this post:

kevinpilon1

it may be too stressed out from all the moving. I'd avoid moving it back and forth, and give it a couple of days to acclimate. try to keep your hand out of the tank as much as possible. sometimes introducing food too early stresses out the frog more because the bugs will crawl on it. it should perk up in a day or 2 if you give it some space. if the problem persists then start looking at other options.

6. This member thanks kevinpilon1 for this post:

Kyle4

Hmmm thanks guys ill let him be then for a few days.
    Also, the one is this picture is not the one that has eating issues. This one is already happy. I just think the other maybe babyish... since its really small. and scared. but ill keep a close (But FAR! ) eye on him.

adinco

i'd never seen my whammy successfully catch food before the other day and it had me worried too! i know how that feels but i have no advice. he too hides 80% of the time

9. This member thanks adinco for this post:

ApxWingman

When I added my 3rd FBT to my tank with 2 already living there, he was very shy and didn't eat much. This is because they are stressed from the move and the new environment. Just like Kevin said, give him a couple days and he should be fine

11. This member thanks ApxWingman for this post:

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I haven't seen any of my 3 eat yet. I know out of the 4 crickets I put in there (just to see), only two are left. But where the other two went, I have no idea. They're still using the bathroom fine (their tank at Petco was overfilled with crix) so maybe they had to get all that out beforehand. And mine stay in the water 90% of the time. Lots of movement over there but every time they go to the other side, they get coated with fiber and go back to the water.
    • 1.2.0 Azazel, Matrix & Minnie
    • 0.1.0 Felis catus (Maine Coon Mix & Siamese Mix) - Daisy & Donald
    • 1.0.0 Canis lupus familiaris (Siberian Husky) - Hermes
    • 2.0.0 Mini-Me Minions - Aiden & Peyton

13. This member thanks Faith for this post:

Kyle4

Well he is definatly get better. He doesnt jump or hide when I come in the room. :-)
    The other one (new one,, haven't yet came up with names...) Fascinates me with his color.

Kyle4

Okay. So I think I've got names. The one that hides alloy and is very dark shall be Shadow. The bright green one will be Forest. And the biggest and bbrownfire belly shall be Fudge! :-D

Thread Information