Thread: help! hea dying! :'(

Kyle4

Default help! hea dying! :'(

One of my fire bellies is dying! He is just laying there... Wont eat or move unless I nudge him. What do ibdo?!?! I've only have him for a week and a half! Also he used to be green. Bright green. Now is very dark? Maybe they need more light?!? :-\ help?!?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kyle4

Default Re: help! hea dying! :'(

When he does move. Its clumsy and slow... :'(

adinco

He might be constipated... they get really slow and sluggish when they can't poop. I've seen often that you should give them a pedialyte bath. Get the clear stuff, the unflavored kind and do a 1:10 ratio with pedialyte:water. Bathe him in it for about 20 minutes or so. He might take a huge poop and if not that's ok, it'll help to make sure he's hydrated.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Add a little bit of honey to this bath as well, it helps with constipation.

Kyle4

Alright guys, he is sitting in a container with the solution. i hope this helps him out! :/

Kyle4

SO.... what do you suggest i do with a dead frog? he is only getting worse. im fearing he ate one of the smaller gravel rocks from the bottom.. im going to dump a whole much more big soft round rocks in there anyway... really sucks. he was my favorite. was bright green. i dont expect to see him alive tomorrow morning. or even later tonight... laying there with his arms and legs all stretched out. yes he's alive for now...

MantisMan

watever u do, KEEP HIM OUT OF THE WATER!!! i had one do this and it drowned because of the weight
    u need to cover land area gravel with substrate
    is he sitting with his arms under his chin and hunched over? if so it's not good! if he's laying straight pressed against the soil with elbows bent and to his side he should be ok, that's what mine look like when hibernating
    wat is the daylight photoperiod and temperature like?

Kyle4

Nope.. as of this morning he is dead. No more movement at all. We (frogs and i) live in the basement. There's a heater in tgebwater set for about 73-76 degreees (auto) . And a regular lamp above for now. Though the other two are doing just fine.

MantisMan

oh
    i think the water is too warm
    there is NO need for a water heater, a 40-60 watt bulb over the tank is plenty, these guys can't be kept too hot or they can have problems
    also it might not be your fault, most of these guys r wild caught and u dont know how old they r...

Kyle4

I can't afford a heat lamp right now. So I just have a regular bulb and lamp gacing down on then. Regular white house light. The other two seem to love it. He just... Died. :-\ I took a bunch of pebbels we have and completely covered the gravel until I can get soil and some plants... :-) so... What do I do with a dead frog? Toilet? =-O

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

All the ones that have passed around here, I bury. Granted some flush/toss out/etc. but I bury all animals I can
    • 1.2.0 Azazel, Matrix & Minnie
    • 0.1.0 Felis catus (Maine Coon Mix & Siamese Mix) - Daisy & Donald
    • 1.0.0 Canis lupus familiaris (Siberian Husky) - Hermes
    • 2.0.0 Mini-Me Minions - Aiden & Peyton

adinco

I would probably flush it. I use to flush fish that died as a kid. I would probably flush any of mine if they died.

Nationality
    [United States]

I would place him in a sealed container and bury him. Sealing the container helps to prevent the spread of disease and burying is just nice I guess.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Kyle4

Well... he got flushed.
    I was really looking forward to having three of them (Just bought a third on monday!) now ill have to wait till next friday.... bahhh. the other two are happy as can be... jumping all over when i come in. though the new one scares me.. lol. he likes to hide under water. :O scares me.

Thread Information