Thread: How long after feeding my frog a pinkie mouse should i wait to feed him again?

KINGblackPHINEX

Default How long after feeding my frog a pinkie mouse should i wait to feed him again?

hi im going to be feeding my frog its first baby pinkie mouse tomarrow and im just wondering after i feed it one how long should i wait until i start feeding him crickets again? since i do not want to over feed it... it will be in 80% humidity with 78 degree temperatue...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

How old/big is your pac?

KINGblackPHINEX

Default Re: How long after feeding my frog a pinkie mouse should i wait to feed him again?

7 months old and about 2 and a half inches long.....

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I say you can probably feed him one and wait a day or two and feed him again. I would feed him nightcrawlers cut up to smaller pieces for him though in place of crickets. They are easier to pass than crickets and since mammal tissue can be hard on a frog's system, it would make passing the pinky easier. Also, nightcrawlers are much more nutritious than crickets anyway

KINGblackPHINEX

Default Re: How long after feeding my frog a pinkie mouse should i wait to feed him again?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    I say you can probably feed him one and wait a day or two and feed him again. I would feed him nightcrawlers cut up to smaller pieces for him though in place of crickets. They are easier to pass than crickets and since mammal tissue can be hard on a frog's system, it would make passing the pinky easier. Also, nightcrawlers are much more nutritious than crickets anyway
    well she does not like them otherwise i would she would not eat them she would bite them and then spit them directly back out i dont know why i even rubbed them against her mouth and she would only eat them if i basically force fed her them so i dont feed her them anymore i think she likes things that move fast and jump like crickets plus she kinda has only been fed those for her whole life basically...

100+ Post Member
    Nationality
    [United States]

Thats crazy, my frogs nom hard on crawlers, especially my fantasy frog, he goes nuts for them. I think nightcrawlers, whole ones not parts of them, contributed to the rapid growth of my frogs. In a little over a month my quarter sized albino is now a nearly four inch female, and the other are obvious males at 2.5 inches each. Lots of growth in just about a month.

Namio

Yea I second Ra. I've noticed my frog do grow faster on crawlers than crickets. I would recommend you to try feeding your pacman nightcrawlers again. It helps if you can tong-feed because when a pacman tries to catch a rolling nightcrawler on EcoEarth guarantees a mouthful of dirt.

Nationality
    [United States]

It took mine several weeks of having to really mess with her and tick her off at every feeding to get her on nightcrawlers. Now that she is though, she seems more generally healthy and eats more consistently than she did with crickets and roaches as her main food.

Thread Information