Thread: I Need Help and FAST!

Congo Frogs

Default I Need Help and FAST!

So I have 5 African Dwarf frogs in a 10 gallon tank (Two females , Three Males), and 2 -3 days ago i had Frog Eggs floating in the tank and now some have hatched and I want to know, WHAT DO I FEED THEM?!?!? I know many people say liquifry diet( or something like that) and such but can I feed them anything else? like for example (grinded up fish flakes? or grinded up frog pellets?) what would you guys recommend? I really want to raise these tadpoles D:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: I Need Help and FAST!

Dwarf clawed frog tadpoles look quite different than that of their larger cousins, the clawed frog. The have large heads. Remove the adults. The eggs hatch quickly within a couple days of laying. You need to feed them large amounts of very small crustaceans and protozoans, infusoria. Infusoria can be cultured by boiling slightly rotten (not moldy!) lettuce leaves, potato or banana skin in a pint of water and left out in a sunny position. Have plenty on hand for successful raising of the tads. Since their mouth is directed upward, they are surface eaters.

The next concern is determining the species of frog. There are two species that are common in the pet trade, Hymenochirus boettgeri and H. curtipes. The tail of H. boettgeri is long and pigmented to the end. H. curtipes tail is broad and unpigmented. Curtipes tads are harder to raise. In about a month, the tads will eat larger food like tubifex worms and brine shrimp. Metamorphosis take place in about 6 weeks. Maturity is one year and life span is about 5 years. Good luck, raising such small tads are quite a challenge.
    Terry Gampper
    Nebraska Herpetological Society

“If we can discover the meaning in the trilling of a frog, perhaps we may understand why it is for us not merely noise but a song of poetry and emotion.”
    ---
    Adrian Forsyth

Thread Information