Thread: Feeding Questions

lovenokia

Default Feeding Questions

I much should I feed my pacman frog, my frog loves to eat and i do not know when to stop. I gave him like 4 small crickets and a small superworm. Should I cut up the superworm too because I did not. Is that too much? The frog is a little larger than a quarter and don't want to under or over feed. Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Feeding Questions

Quote Originally Posted by lovenokia View Post
    I much should I feed my pacman frog, my frog loves to eat and i do not know when to stop. I gave him like 4 small crickets and a small superworm. Should I cut up the superworm too because I did not. Is that too much? The frog is a little larger than a quarter and don't want to under or over feed. Thanks
    Do not feed superworms to your frog they are the same as mealworms and can cause an impaction. Offer 7 small crickets and if he wants more offer up to 10, but if he starts doing what I call the belly roll( you'll know it when you see it) stop feeding.

lovenokia

The Petco didn't have night crawlers so I should pretty much just feed crickets to him for now everyday right?

Nationality
    [United States]

The Petco didn't have night crawlers so I should pretty much just feed crickets to him for now everyday right?
    Yes. You can get waxworms and offer them as a treat once or twice a week.

6. This member thanks GrifTheGreat for this post:

lovenokia

Reading through the threads I came across that people feed their force on white paper towel? Is that what you are suppose to do because I feed the frog on the substrate.

Pluke

People who feed their frogs on paper towel probably have stuff like moss and plants in their tank that the frog could consume on accident, causing impaction. If you just have a substrate like coco-fiber (eco earth) I don't think it's a big problem, I feed mine in it's tank, but I also use tongs so he doesn't get much substrate in his mouth. When I first got it he didn't eat from tongs and picked crickets/hornworms off the substrate and he's fine.

Nationality
    [United States]

Reading through the threads I came across that people feed their force on white paper towel? Is that what you are suppose to do because I feed the frog on the substrate.
    This isn't something you have to do. Its more of a personal choice.

lovenokia

while i was feeding crickets(first dusted ones!), i gave him/her about 4 crickets then i saw a huge lump on the right side, immediatly stopped then moments later saw the left side fill in and the right side go back to normal. I am really new to pacmans and want to know if that was normal. I am afraid that i was overfeeding.

JIvoryII

its normal

12. This member thanks JIvoryII for this post:

lovenokia

Quote Originally Posted by JIvoryII View Post
    its normal
    I feed the frog two more dusted crickets afterwards. thanks though, I was for one second.

lovenokia

Currently my main diet for my frog is crickets(small) being dusted 3 times a week with reptivie that contains d3 and herptivite once a week. I am reading about a lot of people who are feeding their frogs nightcrawlers and earthworm's. My local Petco only has super worms and mealworms but need to try pet smart for earthworms or night crawlers. If neither my local Petco and petsmart doesn't have either then where should I go? For my frog which is just over 1.5 inches svl is this diet okay?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

lovenokia

Anyone?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

TeeRiddle

Night crawlers are very good for feeding your pac man. Try Wal-Mart they usually have them in the fishing dept. Just make sure there are no dyes or chemicals added to the worms. It should say whether there are any added on the container. Most of the ones I've seen at Wal-Mart are ok, but check just to make sure.

Make sure to cut the night crawlers up into pieces that are appropriate for your frog's size.

Thread Information