Thread: Can fire bellied newts live in a shallow water and have land area??

Murray of the Deep

Default Can fire bellied newts live in a shallow water and have land area??

shallow water as in just like2-4 inches of water??just wondering ,what do i do if they molted should i transfer him to a more shallow water and care details pls

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Can fire bellied newts live in a shallow water and have land area??

You can keep 3 in a 10-gallon tank. Larger is better. Generally a heavily planted aquarium with water depth of 6-8 inches should be OK. Sponge filter should be used.
    Terry Gampper
    Nebraska Herpetological Society

“If we can discover the meaning in the trilling of a frog, perhaps we may understand why it is for us not merely noise but a song of poetry and emotion.”
    ---
    Adrian Forsyth

atlantiselliott

Yes they can

Murray of the Deep

how many wood fit in a 3 gallon tank? i have 2 with 2inches of water is it ok?

atlantiselliott

Post Re: Can fire bellied newts live in a shallow water and have land area??

About only one, what size?

Quote Originally Posted by jeromeetabuzo View Post
    how many wood fit in a 3 gallon tank? i have 2 with 2inches of water is it ok?

Murray of the Deep

i transferred them to a 10gallon tank 2 newts male and female. And also can they find food if i put a fish feeder(thing) and place live and frozen bloodworms?

atlantiselliott

Well they will find the food. They can smell food underwater too, so your okay

Murray of the Deep

they loved mosquito larvae now i need to know this question i found my snails sucking on my newts skin and it was like peeled off and more lighter color so i put out the snails and also how long can they last without food? and also can it heal the wounds from the snails?

atlantiselliott

Yes, but I would put plants & algae balls

Murray of the Deep

one died T_T(almost dying)

atlantiselliott

Whats dying? Snail or newt?

Murray of the Deep

the newt died and the other newt was eating now i only have one now

atlantiselliott

Awww, I'm so sorry for you loss. Well I hope you cherished the time you had with him\her. Pray that its sole can be free to see the universe.

Thread Information