Thread: Fiona's acting funny

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Fiona's acting funny

Last week against my better judgement I fed Fiona and Shrek, my Whites tree frogs, a few wax worms. I say it that way because in the past Shrek would look unwell for days after eating them but Fiona always did fine. It's been awhile since I gave them any and my boyfriend was giving his geckos some so I thought it wouldn't hurt, just a few small ones. Shrek had one and Fiona had two.

Now this week Fiona is somehow off schedule. The nights that are supposed to be feeding nights she's very lazy and doesn't wake up. The off nights though she is very rambunctious and she climbs all over the tank, even tries to escape. Tonight is a feeding night and she's just been hanging off the side of her water bowl. I reached in and picked her up, partially to try to wake her and partially because I needed to change the water. She woke up a little bit and actually just wanted to sit in my hand. After a lot of nudging I was able to get her to sit on her log and then she started closing her eyes again. She's currently sitting where I left her 1/2 hour ago with her butt towards me. On the days she wouldn't move she would take crickets from tongs so she does have an appetite. I'm thinking I'm not going to feed them tonight and see what happens tomorrow.

Did I throw her off with the wax worms? Does anyone else have frogs that get sick after eating them?

Temp is usually around 80 a little cooler at night. Humidity ranges from 50-80. She doesn't look bloated and I have seen her poop so I know there's no impaction. Although in the water bowl this morning there was something odd looking, it was the biggest poop that I've seen but I just assumed that it was because it had been in the water for awhile. It also looked like there was skin mixed in with it. So I'm not sure if it was poop or if it was shed skin.

Sorry for the ramble....I just worry about her. Does this all sound normal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Fiona's acting funny

Just keep an eye on her and no more wax worms. If you notice something different with her when you give them, just avoid it.

My 15 year old White's Tree Frog Hetfield (RIP 1996-June 4, 2012) and my little girl Lucy

Nationality
    [United States]

Thanks Blue. She is still sitting in the same spot I left her last night only she turned around. I didn't feed last night so we will see what happens tonight.

Nationality
    [United States]

This afternoon she decided to sleep on the substrate. So about an hour ago I gave her a warm honey bath thinking that might do something and after about 1/2 hour she was climbing around the "spa" tank. When I put her back in her regular tank I fed her calcium dusted crickets right away and she went right for them. She looks absolutely fine so she seems to be just in a mood. I haven't seen any poop today but I did see some yesterday and they also didn't eat last night.

I have learned in the past few days that even though I don't handle them she LOVES to be held (and that her brother Shrek is a jumper, after he jumped on my shoulder when I tried to put her back in her tank). She's fascinated with the frog forum on the computer but she was not impressed with the music of Lollapalooza as she turned her back to the computer when it was on!

Thread Information