Thread: Co-Habitatiing

froggecko

Default Co-Habitatiing

I am purchasing two mature whites tree frogs from a woman who has co-habitated them with a red spotted toad. Was wondering what your thoughts on this were. Not sure this is wise....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Rae

Default Re: Co-Habitatiing

I'm afraid you will discover on this site it is NEVER recommended to mix species of frogs... if you can find care sheets for both you will likely discover they need different temps, humidity, living requirements. Also many frogs give off toxins that are toxic to other species but there own. Co habitation can also increase stress levels which is always bad. Then there's the size issue... Larger frogs will try and eat smaller ones, so death or impacting, choking can occur if they are not very similar in size.

froggecko

Default Re: Co-Habitatiing

I am feeling the same way. I don't think too much of the idea either, but they are insisting on selling them together. I know toads have toxins and they are mostly ground dwellers. They all eat the same thing (this is a smaller toad), but I think I won't keep them in the same habitats. In searching this out I read where some guy was going to try putting crested with dart frogs - what an idiot! Thanks for the feedback.

Thread Information