Thread: Argentine/Ornate Horned Frog Care: the “Pacman Frog” & its Relatives

findiviglio

Default Argentine/Ornate Horned Frog Care: the “Pacman Frog” & its Relatives

Hi All,

The Argentine or Ornate Horned Frog (Ceratophrys ornata)may be the world’s most popular amphibian pet. Dubbed the “Pac Man Frog” due to a resemblance to the large-mouthed video game character, it is beautifully colored and “charmingly” pugnacious in disposition. Despite their size (females may be compared to salad bowls; males are much smaller), Horned Frogs require relatively little space and are an ideal choice for those seeking an interesting pet that may live to age 20 or more. Albinos and other unique color morphs, as well as hybrids between related species, are available. Read article here: Argentine or Ornate Horned Frog Care: the

Comments and questions appreciated. As I do not place notices here each time I post a new article on That Reptile Blog, you may wish to check in periodically or subscribe; you can do so here That Reptile Blog. Please also check out my posts on Twitter Twitter.

Thanks, Frank
    My Bio, with photos of animals I’ve been lucky enough to work with That Pet Place welcomes Zoologist/Herpetologist Frank Indiviglio to That Reptile Blog | That Reptile Blog
    Face Book http://on.fb.me/KckP1m

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thread Information