Thread: My Red Eyed Tree Frog

kimmy

Default My Red Eyed Tree Frog

Hi

This is my little guy Yoshi He is 15 months old and I got him as a birthday present last October ... About 3 weeks ago myself and my boyfriend got 4 more of these little guys We both got a boy and a girl each ... I will have some pictures of the new frogs in a few days but for now here's my baby Yoshi <3
    Name:  2011-11-12 01.05.59.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  36.5 KBName:  2011-12-12 21.53.38.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  25.5 KBName:  2012-01-27 22.14.05.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  35.9 KBName:  2012-01-29 21.34.29.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  25.7 KBName:  2012-01-31 00.24.42.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  26.5 KBName:  2012-02-05 20.26.43.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  35.5 KBName:  2012-02-20 20.16.10.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  31.9 KBName:  2012-02-22 00.21.41.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  27.2 KBName:  DSC_1103.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  40.3 KBName:  DSC_1105.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  47.3 KBName:  DSC_1107.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  46.9 KBName:  DSC_1109.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  44.0 KBName:  DSC_1111.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  49.7 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

jesskelly

Default Re: My Red Eyed Tree Frog

i was told that the red eyed frogs can be hard to keep... is it true?

mrzoggs

They are definitely not the easiest frog in the world to keep, but that being said, they are not the hardest either. I have three of them and they are doing great right now. At first, not so great. I would suggest getting a fecal check done if your having problems because just by doing that, you can accomplish a lot. I had gotten all my frogs perfect, healthy, eating, looking good, and the LAST thing i did was get a fecal check...when it should of been the first.

jessie if your looking to get some red eyes, just do your research. If you keep your temperature between 75-80 during the day and 70-75 at night then you should be fine. I accomplish that without using any heat source (lights, heat mats, heat tape, etc.). My room is perfect for them.

kimmy

Quote Originally Posted by jesskelly View Post
    i was told that the red eyed frogs can be hard to keep... is it true?
    Hi Jessie

A lot of people will tell you they are but in my experience I've had very few problems ... At the start I was very concerned about him getting sick because they are susceptible to a variety of diseases .... but good husbandry and careful attention should mean that you can avoid a sick frog

If you are thinking about getting a red eye all I will say to you is to do your research As long as you know what you're doing with these guys then you should have no problem at all

i agree with Kimmy. i found they are very easy to keep. as long as they eat u dust give them a good clean tank and water they do great.
    And lovely red eye Kimmy. Got quite the adorable expression. so cute.

kimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    i agree with Kimmy. i found they are very easy to keep. as long as they eat u dust give them a good clean tank and water they do great.
    And lovely red eye Kimmy. Got quite the adorable expression. so cute.

Hi Savannah

Thank you He is such a little cutie pie <3 We put him in to the tank with the 4 red eyes last night and he made a new friend <3 Here's the link

http://www.frogforum.net/tree-frogs/...tml#post126811

jesskelly

hey thanks for ur advice... myt stick with my greens for a while.. they r doing great. and myt just keep reading up on the red eyed for a while more so i dont rush into it with out having the information needed to do it right

bigwilliestyles

hey thanks for ur advice... myt stick with my greens for a while.. they r doing great. and myt just keep reading up on the red eyed for a while more so i dont rush into it with out having the information needed to do it right
    Hello Jessie, the frogs in this thread are Agalychnis callidryas, not Litoria chloris. You are in Australia, so you cant legally keep Agalychris!

I have Litoria Chloris, Australian Red Eyed Tree frogs, and they are pretty easy to keep. Infact, they have to be the hardiest animal I have ever kept. I am aware of some people who have had issues with them, but mine do well.

10. This member thanks bigwilliestyles for this post:

kimmy

Aww I didn't even notice you were in Australia :/ Red Eyes are gorgeous though I did plan on getting some Southern Australian Orange Eyed Tree Frogs because they are just adorable !! Maybe if you liked the sound of these guys you could read up about them and hopefully you might like to keep em

Here's a link to one of the cutest pics

Southern Orange-eyed Tree Frog croaking | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thread Information