Thread: Albino Cuban Tree Frogs

BciJoe

Default Albino Cuban Tree Frogs

Does anyone know if these are around or available?

I discovered some locally 2 years ago and was told I was the only one in the country to have them.

I had sold some tiny frogs for $25, sightly larger $50, young adults $100, adults $150 and was told I could get $250-$300 ea overseas.

I now have several hundred more and am looking to move them.

Any thoughts, interest, opinions, ideas, comments, suggestions, etc.?

Thanks much, Joe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Albino Cuban Tree Frogs

Pictures...?

BciJoe

So here's the story... I was walking around my neighborhood looking in puddles and retention ponds during the rainy season, looking at the different types of tadpoles.. then notice some that were bright yellow. All others were a dark brown, black... they stood out like what they are... although I wasn't sure at first. I thought, they must just be lighter, they will darken up. I continued to visit and watch their progress and they did not. I collected some and brought them home and started to ask around.

I've been dealing with exotics and albinos of different species for a while now, so I was sure what I had, just not what species it was. I had my friend Bill Love, world reknowned herp photographer, take pics and now I can't find them! I had a pc that was down with a virus and was using a memory stick at the library and I lost the stick.. and now that I have my new PC, I just checked and can't find them anywhere.. I know, stinks!

Bill was just as interested as I was, and anywone else who found out, so he took pics of the albinos next to normals/wild type to show the clear difference.

So to not lead you on and such, I just took a few pics with my phone, which are obviously not of great quality, but gooed enough to see!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

BciJoe

In the third pic you can see one normal, likely Het Albino, on the top right. I did collect some of those but not many, since I had my hands full with so many albinos!

What's funny is that when I went to attach the pics there were already pics preloaded from when I must've came on here two years ago with the original batch! Pics I took, not the greatest, but clearly obvious too.

Thanks

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

WOW...that is neat and an awesome discovery. You said you were probably going to be selling the tadpoles at $0.10/ea? I'd definitely be interested in some!

BciJoe

Thanks, and nooooo! lol I commented on antother thread about offering normal cuban tree frog tadpoles at 10 cents in an effort to help remove an invasive species from florida and place them in other states where they could not survive outdoors and become a threat.

These albinos are extremely rare and, as far as I know, i'm still the only one in the country with them.. they are a bit pricey, but nothing in comparison to albinos of other species when first discovered. I placed an ad in the classifieds for them.

The possible het albinos are much more affordable, if you're looking to start a project.

Thread Information