Thread: Frog with shakey head condition. NEED HELP!

Default Frog with shakey head condition. NEED HELP!

I have a green tree frog that I have had for a few years now and he has started acting very strange. I think he has somehow injured himself. When he moves, his head wobbles back and forth like he has broken his neck or back. He still hunts but is not very good at it. The only crickets he can catch are the ones that have lost their legs. Here is a video that shows what I am talking about.

Frog, Beane - YouTube

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

mrzoggs

Default Re: Frog with shakey head condition. NEED HELP!

poor frog i suggest taking it to a vet asap, also contacting dr frye and sending him that video.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I would guess maybe an inner ear problem. I agree with seeing a vet. That's very interesting.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Quote Originally Posted by mrzoggs View Post
    poor frog i suggest taking it to a vet asap, also contacting dr frye and sending him that video.
    How would I go about getting in touch with Dr. Drye. I checked on his site but could not find an email.

mrzoggs

dr.frye.vetatmilan@gmail.com

i would also take the frog to a vet. Dr Frye is amazing and has saved many peoples frogs, but some things require fast medical attention. He will do the absolute best he can through email, phone, etc BUT how far can you actually get with that? Itd be best to do both. Just my opinion.

Also, Id ditch the moss. It can cause impaction if digested. Looked like moss in the video. Id suggest a substrate such as a brick of eco-earth, with some leaf litter over top to make sure the frog didnt ingest the substrate when lunging for a cricket.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

This is a copy of a post done by Donlisk...

Frog First Aid Medications - Being Prepared

Hi All,
    Dr. Frye sent me an email that I wanted to share with you all as to medications one should have on hand in case your frog is needing medical attention and a vet is no where to be found.
    Dr Frye is very nice and willing to assist but it is highly recommended that photos be attached to the email if your looking for assistance.
    Dr Frye can be contacted at dr.frye.vetatmilan@gmail.com

The meds listed below can be bought from Dr Frye if you live in the U.S. Note that prices may have changed since this was sent to me. If you live outside the U.S. you can track down a local vet and purchase the items.

Here is the email I received:
    As a first aid kit, I strongly recommend having a few drugs on hand at all times. That way when a medical problem arises, you just need to contact me, and I can steer you down the right path.

Metronidizole is an antibacterial, antiprotozoal, and APPETITE STIMULANT. It is $30 per 100 mLs.

Silversulfadiazene is a topical antibiotic and antifungal that promotes healing while discouraging scarring. It should be used on ALL skin lesions and costs $34 per ounce.

Baytril is a strong systemic antibiotic that needs to be mixed carefully. It costs $24 per ounce and is mixed according to the size of the frog treated. Only a few drops are used daily.

Panacur is a powdered dewormer. It is very safe and easy to use and costs $14 per spoonful.

Shipping costs $11 for Priority on any order that includes one of the liquid medications. If you purchase Panacur alone, shipping costs $2. I can not ship medications outside of the United States.

You can pay by PayPal at dr.frye.vetatmilan@gmail.com , or by calling my office at 734-439-2273 and paying via credit card over the phone.
    My hospital is not open on Wednesdays, so please take that into account.

(End of email)
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Thread Information