Thread: What kind of frog is he? Please help!

Hollywood

Unhappy What kind of frog is he? Please help!

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me. I have never really been into frogs, I always thought they were cute but not for me. But my kids brought home this itty bitty little thing that I absolutlely fell in love with. They found him down by the river. Well, he was hopping around on the ground between the river and the trees which is where I come to my dilemma. I can't figure out what type of frog he is!! I believe he is a tree frog or a bullfrog but to be honest I have absolutley NO IDEA. I have pictures posted below. He is no bigger than a penny. He is thriving well in the habitat i set up for him. I have real moss from down on the river and my kids even brought him a little minnow friend who is also doing well. Our petstore here couldnt confirm what he was either and even though he is doing well now I want to make sure I have him in the right living conditions. He seems to LOVE fruit flies. (our pet store also doesnt carry pinhead crickets which proposed a problem..at first) He is dark brown and looks bumpy with very light orange spots. Long toes but so small I cant tell if they are sucker toes Can someone give me some ideas. I love watching Senor Frog. He is a happy hoppy little thing that I would love to watch grow. Thanks so much!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: What kind of frog is he? Please help!

Looks like an American Toad, Bufo americanus. Here's a list of frogs and toads from West Virgina for future reference Frogs and Toads of West Virginia (not all it's links are complete but it's handy to have a local list for ID purposes).

Here's a care sheet of toad essentials Frog Forum - Toad Basics - Keeping ground-dwelling Toads. A care sheet for Bufo, Anaxyrus, Spea, Scaphiopus, Ollotis, Alytes, Pelobates

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Adorable . He's definitely a toad.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

BerryNight

Default Re: What kind of frog is he? Please help!

I found millions of those the month, that is definatly an American Toad.

Thread Information