Thread: HI there from WV!

Hollywood

Question HI there from WV!

Hi there. I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me. I have never really been into frogs, I always thought they were cute but not for me. But my kids brought home this itty bitty little thing that I absolutlely fell in love with. They found him down by the river. Well, he was hopping around on the ground between the river and the trees which is where I come to my dilemma. I can't figure out what type of frog he is!! I believe he is a tree frog or a bullfrog but to be honest I have absolutley NO IDEA. I have pictures posted below. He is no bigger than a penny. He is thriving well in the habitat i set up for him. I have real moss from down on the river and my kids even brought him a little minnow friend who is also doing well. Our petstore here couldnt confirm what he was either and even though he is doing well now I want to make sure I have him in the right living conditions. He seems to LOVE fruit flies. (our pet store also doesnt carry pinhead crickets which proposed a problem..at first) He is dark brown and looks bumpy with very light orange spots. Long toes but so small I cant tell if they are sucker toes Can someone give me some ideas. I love watching Senor Frog. He is a happy hoppy little thing that I would love to watch grow. Thanks so much!
    Attached Images Attached Images      

dpcsquid

Default Re: HI there from WV!

Hi! I live in Virginia, and we recently caught about 10 of the same little guys, and it's my pleasure to tell you you have an adorable little American TOAD! Aren't they adorable? Be sure you buy a water dechlorinator and treat ALL water that he comes in contact with! They sell it at Petmart.

Thread Information