Thread: Another One?

LizardMama

Default Another One?

So last night when I was changing and cleaning my baby Ferrets cage I started hearing a Gray Tree Frog call, I thought it was Poco in my bedroom and just continued cleaning the cage. Finished that cage and started cleaning the adult Ferrets cage when I started hearing the call again. I went in my room, quiet as can be, so I went to the sliding glass door that led to my back porch, slid it open and stuck my head out. Nothing so closed the door and went back to cleaning that cage. I was half done when the call started up again. I threw down the sponge I had, grabbed a container and went outside. Checked the buckets that I use to collect rain water, nothing, then I checked the lawn chairs, nothing, checked the siding on the right of the door, nothing. Thought I was hearing things then bam! When I turned around and looked at the back porch light there he was. A beautifully colored, dark gray with white cheek patches Gray Tree Frog! Could not resist, those cheek patches were just beautiful and my heart just skipped a beat when I saw him so... I caught him and brought him in. Settled right well into the cage with Poco and Primavera (male and female Gray Tree Frog) and Verde (Barking Tree Frog), today I moved in Inconnu (who's been residing in a different tank for 2 weeks) and so far all 5 are doing great! I've got to say the new one is a sub adult, he's slightly smaller than Poco who is 1.6 inches.

His name is Descarado, which means Cheeky in Spanish

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: Another One?

So gorgeous! Your tank sounds very interesting

LizardMama

You would think that with the Barking Tree Frog in the same tank as the Gray Tree Frogs it would cause a problem but nope. Those Gray Tree Frogs actually snuggle up to him as if he's one of them. I haven't the heart to separate him from them (especially from Poco! Took a pic of Verde one day and the next thing I know is Poco jumps at the camera then tries to pee on me. I'll take the hint lol).

Really. I am setting up a 55 gallon naturalistic tree frog tank - Do you think I could have Green and Gray Tree Frogs both in there? Same size of couse. What is your tank like?

Pluke

I love these little guys, I get them almost every night on my porch. I used to catch them and keep them for pets when I was younger, now I go outside at night and watch them by my porch lights. Sometimes they even crawl on my big windows when lights are on inside. Here's a few pics you might enjoy.

Name:  DSCN0126.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  92.4 KBName:  DSCN0134.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  66.3 KB

I have some more pictures, better ones actually. They're just not on my computer yet.. one is of a Grey's that is hangin out on a staghorn fern that I have hanging outside.. These guys love hanging out in gutters as well, it seems I find them pretty often when I clean them. Their color changing is incredible too, when they're on my roof shingles they blend perfectly, it's crazy.

DC101

BEAUTIFUL frogs you have the Pluke! I would love to see you vivarium. Your so lucky to have them come around your house!

Thread Information