Thread: White's Tree Froglet not eating

grungyfrog

Default White's Tree Froglet not eating

Ok so my Whites Tree Frog, Melanie (named after the girl from The Host book <3) has been getting alot skinnier this past week. She's only a couple monthes old and when I puchased her she ate fine and was very active. I own a 20 gallon tall tank so I figured that was too big for her to catch her food. So I put her in a 5 gallon a couple hours ago and put 7 pinhead-sized crickets and she still hasn't ate any of them If any of you guys could give me some tips on how to help this little one it'd be a great help! Also I'm planning on getting a job soon so I won't be home to mist the cage as much so I was thinking of getting a frog fogger. I checked Petco and they're $60, do any of you know where I could find a cheaper one?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: White's Tree Froglet not eating

I would put her back into the bigger tank and I hope you have some hiding places and climbing branches. She needs more room than that and might be just taking time to adjust to her new home. I wouldnt waste you money on a fogger. They have to use distilled water and they are toxic for whites. Just keep misting with bottled spring water. You might want her to be looked at by a Vet just to make sure she doesn't have parasites or any other problems.

My 15 year old White's Tree Frog Hetfield (RIP 1996-June 4, 2012) and my little girl Lucy

4. This member thanks BlueisallIneed for this post:

DC101

Default Re: White's Tree Froglet not eating

Hi Grungy frog!
    This can be very common if you just got your frogs. Mine are currently little older than 4 months old. I started feeding them using tongs and they took it straight away. I may have just got lucky but i think you should try it. NO METAL TONGS. Metal can scratch them and so can plastic but just be very careful. Hold the cricket down in front of them with the tongs above them, not in front, and tap the cricket on its mouth and it should eat it. Ive been doing this but i would like to bowl feed them but im fine with it. It takes less than 5 minutes for me to feed all 3 of mine so it should be a problem.

Put her back in the big enclosure but you can use the little one for feeding if you want. When its feeding time (for me its 6:00pm) put her in the little enclosure with a few crickets and keep an eye on her to see if she eats. Leave her there for a bit and then move her back into the big enclosure.

Like blue said, don't worry about a fogger. because its winter here and school holidays i spray in the morning, lunch time and before feeding. Obviouslty when im at school i can't mist a lunch but it should be alright. Just give everything a good soak.

All i want you to know is not to worry. Ive had so much problems in the week that I've had mine. The pump stopped, one sat in the same spot for 48 hours, there was a leak between the half land, half water part, it was insane! Now everything is fixed, the frogs are jumping everywhere and im looking forward to the long time i have these beautiful frogs. It should pass because they get stressed easily so don't get too worried.

Hope everything goes well!!!

6. This member thanks DC101 for this post:

Thread Information