Thread: Black bug in my Giant Spanish Orange Isopod culture

mrzoggs

Default Black bug in my Giant Spanish Orange Isopod culture

so ive found a few of these guys running around in my room. not sure if they came from some soil or rocks or something ive bought recently for my frogs. they look like a little tiny beetle or clicker but. they are small and black with some white on their back. i found one randomly in my paper towels that i use for the frogs one day. also found a couple walking around. but here recently i found one in my isopods when i was feeding them. im not sure how he got in there because the containor is completely sealed.... but its the same ones i see in my room. so im thinking maybe it was from the substrate i used for them.

question is...do i hunt him down with a flashlight and dig up everything until i find him and get him out??? or let him do his thing in their. idk if he could be munching down on my isopod eggs or causing some sort of a problem...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Murray of the Deep

Default Re: Black bug in my Giant Spanish Orange Isopod culture

Quote Originally Posted by mrzoggs View Post
    so ive found a few of these guys running around in my room. not sure if they came from some soil or rocks or something ive bought recently for my frogs. they look like a little tiny beetle or clicker but. they are small and black with some white on their back. i found one randomly in my paper towels that i use for the frogs one day. also found a couple walking around. but here recently i found one in my isopods when i was feeding them. im not sure how he got in there because the containor is completely sealed.... but its the same ones i see in my room. so im thinking maybe it was from the substrate i used for them.

question is...do i hunt him down with a flashlight and dig up everything until i find him and get him out??? or let him do his thing in their. idk if he could be munching down on my isopod eggs or causing some sort of a problem...
    those are grain beetles they come from food of agricultural animals dont worry they wont harm your frogs and your eggs , leave them alone it would leave i tell you i collect some of those last time if you want to get rid of them just put a corn outside your culture they will all go there i used it last time and throw the corn away or burn it

mrzoggs

Default Re: Black bug in my Giant Spanish Orange Isopod culture

kind of looks similar. im guessing somewhere close to that species. i ended up hunting him down and getting him outta there. wasnt gonna risk it. i have to say since i got him out, ive seen a lot more babies. probably a coincedence...

Thread Information