Thread: r.i.p. bud ugly :(

PHYSCODELIC63

Default r.i.p. bud ugly :(

he was fine or so I thought the day before, he ate.. his skin was a little wrinkled I really didn't notice any fungus, Today I noticed fungus and my first reaction was ****! I jumped in my car traveled 30 miles to get all purpose med from wal mart that kills ick and fungus, came home started to empty his tank and thats when I noticed he was already gone. I have never cried so hard in my life. I buried him a plastic container out back with the other animals, cleaned out his tank, waiting for it dry before I put it up.. no more frogs .. I had him such a long time, he was an old friend, I loved him

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Wizzlewuzzle

I'm sorry for your loss

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: r.i.p. bud ugly :(

Sorry for your loss

I understand what you mean. I have kept several ACFs over the years and it's always an emotional time when I loose one. My first pair lived for 17 years. Now I have 6 of them. Don't give up on frogs.
    Terry Gampper
    Nebraska Herpetological Society

“If we can discover the meaning in the trilling of a frog, perhaps we may understand why it is for us not merely noise but a song of poetry and emotion.”
    ---
    Adrian Forsyth

DC101

So sorry for your loss

Nationality
    [United States]

Hey man, I'm sorry he did not pull through. I was really hoping he would.

I would take a little time and get another frog, sounds like you did your best so don't give up on them.

PHYSCODELIC63

Where I live they are very hard to come by. I would have to order them and then with all the shipping and handling there is no guarentee it will live past how many days or travel 50+ miles to get a dif type of frog cause they don't have one like him and still no guarentee. I'm almost 49 now and decided that once the pets start going I'm not going to replace them, it's to hard emotional, been through to many of them dying in my life time and at the point now where I want to go do things and not worry about my pets left at home or if it's my time to go, who will take care of them.. There is only one Bud Ugly, and I will just keep it that way. I have pics of him I will always be knows as the carzy lady who had crabs and the bud ugly frog! I put his tank away today, I will keep it and use it for an iso tank for the crabs.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by PHYSCODELIC63 View Post
    Where I live they are very hard to come by. I would have to order them and then with all the shipping and handling there is no guarentee it will live past how many days or travel 50+ miles to get a dif type of frog cause they don't have one like him and still no guarentee. I'm almost 49 now and decided that once the pets start going I'm not going to replace them, it's to hard emotional, been through to many of them dying in my life time and at the point now where I want to go do things and not worry about my pets left at home or if it's my time to go, who will take care of them.. There is only one Bud Ugly, and I will just keep it that way. I have pics of him I will always be knows as the carzy lady who had crabs and the bud ugly frog! I put his tank away today, I will keep it and use it for an iso tank for the crabs.
    I understand. A few years ago I kept ferrets but I would lose them time and time again to adrenal gland tumors which are really common in Marshall's Farm ferrets due to their breeding practices, I gave up when I lost my last one because it was just too painful to see them die. They would develop a tumor and I would rush them to the vet over and over and there's just nothing you can do.

Sounds like Bud Ugly had a good run though at 13 years. I can understand he was special to you and you don't want to try to replace him.

Locascio

dont give up on frogs dude.. i know it hurts but rember pets help you live longer and you have along wayto go befor your time is up... when its time share your hart with yet another frog...i feel your pain...

Nationality
    [United States]
    North Providence, Rhode Island, United States
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

So sorry about Bud Ugly - thank you for your condolences with Igor also. It is an awful feeling to lose a beloved frog.
    72 Gallon Bow - ACF and GF tank.
    26 Gallon Bow - ACF tank.

20 Gallon Long - ACF tank.

"If there were an invisible cat in that chair, the chair would look empty. But the chair does look empty; therefore there is an invisible cat in it." C.S. Lewis, Four Loves, 1958

FrogLover2009

Sorry for your loss.....think of it this way...because of you this frog was able to be loved and cared for all the way to his passing. I hope that you find happiness in frogs and maintain a great passion for these animals. -FrogLover2009

Thread Information