Thread: How loud are Map or Red-Eyed Treefrogs?

bmlbytes

Default How loud are Map or Red-Eyed Treefrogs?

I am planning on getting a Map Treefrog or a Red-Eyed Treefrog tomarrow. I am leaning toward a map treefrog, since it will work better in my vivarium.

Anyway, there is a concern that my treefrog might be too loud. I personally don't care, but the other people in the house might. Can anyone tell me how loud both of these frogs can/will get?

And yes I am new to keeping frogs, but don't mind a challenge. I have been keeping fish for a while now and just decided to start keeping some frogs. I have done my research, but I know there are newbie mistakes that all pet keepers make. If you can think of anything like that, let me know. I would hate to be one of those that makes those mistakes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Kurt

Default Re: How loud are Map or Red-Eyed Treefrogs?

Everyone makes mistakes. To avoid a few do the following. Make sure you have good ventilation. Dust all prey items and feed just before lights out, as treefrogs are nocturnal. Use dechlorinated tap water. Keep things clean. Do not use gravel as a substrate, as it can cause gastrointestinal impaction. Provide plenty of branches to climb on and foliage in which to hide in.

As far as audio levels are concerned, I cannot tell you how loud Hypsiboas geographicus calls. I can tell you how loud Agalychnis callidryas is. The red-eyed leaf frog is loud, but not terribly so. Mine are in my bedroom upstairs and I can hear them downstairs in the living room, if the TV is not on. I think a barking dog is louder. Like a said I share sleeping quarters with most of my frogs, yet I do fall asleep. So I wouldn't worry about the noise levels too much.

Thread Information