Thread: should I be worried?

Flumper

Default should I be worried?

so yestarday when i went to take the poop out of bubbas tub i noticed white little dots all over it and when i looked close it looked like little bugs(not worms) so i just looked around the dirt and i could only see them on the poop and it just looked like they were eating it. I know that some little guys are actually ok so im wondering what they look like, and if i should be worried?

thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

frogsanity12

Default Re: should I be worried?

Dyson,

Can we see a pic?

arielgasca420

doesnt sound like it a problem but try to get a positive ID by taking a pic and posting it on here so that we know for sure what youre dealing with. I find that most white bugs in enclosures are either spring tails or mites and are easily identified through a magnifying glass. they are natural decomposers and will not be a threat to your animal but they will breed rapidly. if you want to get mites out just put a melon rind in the tank, wait until the swarm and then toss the rind out. make sure all fecal matter is removed daily.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by arielgasca420 View Post
    doesnt sound like it a problem but try to get a positive ID by taking a pic and posting it on here so that we know for sure what youre dealing with. I find that most white bugs in enclosures are either spring tails or mites and are easily identified through a magnifying glass. they are natural decomposers and will not be a threat to your animal but they will breed rapidly. if you want to get mites out just put a melon rind in the tank, wait until the swarm and then toss the rind out. make sure all fecal matter is removed daily.
    This is not true except for the Springtails and some mites. There are a few mites that are bad and will attack the frog making them sick and very stressed. As long as they're not attacking the frog you should be ok though.

Flumper

im pretty sure they were just mites and arent harming my frog, i just looked and i can find any of them i think the swarm was ll around his poop but if they are there again will forsure take a picture. thank you!

Thread Information