Thread: Please Help!

DayzMommie

Red face Please Help!

I seen this frog at the pet shop and I just loved him now that I brought him home he looks a bit bigger then my other Whites Tree Frog. Do you think it is safe to keep them together..They were just crawling over each other and nothing happen..I'm just scared. I'm going to post a pic of them together and one of her alone..Please give me your opinion..Thank you so much.
    Name:  DSCF2366.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  77.3 KBName:  DSCF2370.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  97.0 KBName:  DSCF1313.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  63.9 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Please Help!

Hi Susan. I new to frogs but I think they will be okay. When I went to the pet store to get Shrek II I purposely picked a bigger frog because my Fiona grew a lot in the 2 weeks I had her. When I got him home though he was much smaller than her. They get along fine, he's a snuggler and likes to touch her when they sleep. The other night Fiona was sitting on top of him and he was fine and kicked her off when he was tired of her. I'll try to post a picture.

Name:  IMG_2236.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  92.9 KB

mrzoggs

I suggest a fecal examination and quarantine before introducing frogs...sorry...i had to learn the hard way today. Size difference shouldnt be that big of a deal as long as the smaller one is at least 3/4 the size of the bigger one.

DayzMommie

How do I examine it? He did poo when I put him in and it looked like frog poo so how do I tell if it was good or not?

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

A fecal exam is done with a microscope usually and is a check for parasites and such. quarantine is done so you don't contaminate your healthy frogs with a frog your not positive is perfectly healthy and eating. This is usually for 30 days after your have the frog eat for the first time. many will cut this shorted if the fecal exam come back good.
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf/ Frog - Agalychnis callidryas
    1.1.1 Bumblebee Dart Frog - Dendrobates leucomelas
    1.1.0 Dendrobates truncatus - Yellow Striped
    1.1.1 Dendrobates tinctorius – Bakhuis Mountain
    1.1.0 - Dendrobates tinctorius - Powder Blue
    1.1.0 - Ranitomeya vanzolinii

mrzoggs

dr frye does fecal examinations for $18 per group of frogs house together. and if your handy with a microscope you can do it yourself. there is a thread on here i saw somewhere that has plenty of useful pictures. id find it but im in a rush.

Thread Information