Thread: I think my frog needs HELP!

philgarcia

Default I think my frog needs HELP!

Hello, I bought a white tree frog probably about a year ago, he's been doing good, his name is kippy. Recently I noticed he hasn't been climbing as much, I thought he might have been impacted due to the moss on the ground, so I changed his tank up and took out the moss and just used coconut husk... He looks a little bloated maybe over weight, he still croaks, and is active still climbs and goes in his water, but he only poops maybe 2-3 times a week, if that, is this normal? His temperature is 75, drops to 67 at night, his humidity is usually 70% to 85%, he has a basking lamp also, he eat's or was eating 2 crickets a day for a while equalling out to 14 a week but I cut him back to 10 a week just in case he is over weight, and I dust them every time I feed him.... He's still eating and bathing, water is changed everyday dechlorinated I might add, tank is cleaned at least 2 times a month... I don't know what it could be besides maybe being over weight or impacted, he only poops 2 times a week maybe even only once, I don't know if that is normal can someone please help me.... And its not runny poop it comes out like a peanut.... Could he just be over weight or is there something else wrong, during the day he turns redish brown, at night bright green though, he has done this since day one though....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

KINGblackPHINEX

Default Re: I think my frog needs HELP!

first of all i do not think its impaction because if it was he would not be able to use the bathroom and sometimes mine gets bloated to when she has to pee so i spray her with a little bit of water in a bucket just mist her to keep her wet usually if i let her sit about 5 minuate she pees and is not bloated anymore and your temp should be 75f at night not all day 84 or so at day with humidty about 80% or 70% lowest temp at night should be 75f and maybe if you do not have enough things for him to hide that maybe be why he is not climing on stuff but as long as he is eating and pooping/peeing he should be fine

philgarcia

aha thank you I have been worried sick lately... I do everything I can to keep him active he has a lot of places and things to climb on NOW! and has been a bit more active, I just did not know if him pooping 2 times a week was normal before when I had moss in his tank, I was finding regurgitated matter all over so I took the moss out, I think he's just a bit pudgy :P

KINGblackPHINEX

yes definantly do not use moss and if you want feed him/her in a different container to feed so they do not eat any substrate when they are eating thats what i do when i feed mine

philgarcia

is it okay to do that and handle them daily like that? and i think he was just over weight i cut him back for like 5-6 days now he's been eating 1 cricket aday and now i am happy to report he is looking a little normal again IM SO HAPPY :P i swear i dont know what i would do without him he has the cutest personality :P he even knows good music :P, but his stomach still looks a little baggy, could just be me but is that normal?

KINGblackPHINEX

its might put stress on them but i do it anyways i would rather stress my frog a little then have her eating substrate and have the risk of impaction and her dying i would be very mad and sad i think after you keep doing it and making it a daily routine she would come to notice your going to feed her and it wont bother her as much like mine use to hiss at me when i picked her up now she does not mind at all when i pick her up and what do you mean baggy? like wrinkley? or baggy like shedding? you should post pictures of it so we could see better and im happy your frog is doing much better i recently just got mine eating again because she was being picky not wanting worms :P

philgarcia

i feed strictly crickets and well his under belly is looks saggy a little but i can see the ridges on his back finally, he has some wrinkles but not much his tummy just looks a bit saggy so i dont know and ill post a pic when he wakes up he's hiding at the moment, and your's hisses at you, mine doesn't mind being handled at all when i go to pick him up he basically crawls onto my hand

KINGblackPHINEX

well yes yours is a tree frog they like to be handled more often then mine would mine a pacman frog so thats why they do not like being handled much and if yours like to be handled like that then i would definantly try feeding it in another container so it does not have the risk of impaction but if you think your frog wont swallow anything that will cause impaction then feed it in its encloser but i would recommend out of it just my opinion and she does not hiss anymore she use to when i first got her because no one would handle her not she does not mind at all when i handle her

philgarcia

LMAO i just took a look at a pacman frog damn they are nasty little buggers eh :P are they all that big to?

KINGblackPHINEX

no they vary in size but mine is still small and i guess if you wanna say there nasty you can lol i think they are cute and chubbie hahahaha usually males smaller then females

Thread Information