Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here we go again

Default Here we go again

My whites Lucy is stumbling
    around and almost lost her balance tonight. I put her in a little tank with two crickets. She had no interest, I pushed one around in her face and she finally ate it. When I picked her up she couldn't keep her balance. She was wabbeling. When I took her out of the tank before she was up on a branch sitting normal. It's almost like she is dizzy. I took her to the vet about 2 weeks ago. She gave her meds for slight ear infection. We took an X-ray and notice she had a gall stone and some eggs. Could this be a problem?! I have never dealt with a female whites and one with all these problems! Any input would help. I will call the vet on thurs since its a stupid holiday tomorrow!!

My 15 year old White's Tree Frog Hetfield (RIP 1996-June 4, 2012) and my little girl Lucy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Here we go again

Wonder if the ear infection has come back. Surely it would result in balance issues.

Hope she is better in the morning.

Thanks,me too. She was on antibiotics for 10 days..maybe it wasn't strong enough. I was going to make a follow up appointment anyways, just sucks it has to be on a holiday! Never fails! Just worried about her. Aughhh no more frogs for me!!! I will admire them from a far!

My 15 year old White's Tree Frog Hetfield (RIP 1996-June 4, 2012) and my little girl Lucy

Well my vet recorded her and posted it on the Vet state boards to see if anyone has any input. She has never seen it. We were only able to get a cbc(complete blood count) done, Lucy was all over the place and was pretty hard to get anymore blood from her. She put her on 14 days of oral antibiotics and going from there. She did say though this may be a permanent thing and might be considered a special needs. If she isn't in pain and only needs assistance eating then that will be it.

Nationality
    [United States]

ahh, poor girl. I'm sure whatever it is, you're the best mama for this little frog!
    1.1.0 White's Treefrog
    1.0.0 Red Eyed Leaf Frog

Nationality
    [United States]

Blue !
    Sorry you have to go through all of this !
    Your poor baby.
    It takes sooooo long for them to get better.
    You take such good care of your frogs!!!!!!
    No fair !
    Current Collection
    Dendrobates leucomelas - standard morph
    Dendrobates auratus “Costa Rican Green Black"
    Dendrobates auratus "Pena Blanca"
    Dendrobates tinctorius “New River”
    Dendrobates tinctorius "Green Sipaliwini"
    Dendrobates tinctorius “Powder Blue"
    Dendrobates tinctorius "French Guiana Dwarf Cobalt"

Phyllobates terribilis “Mint”
    Phyllobates terribilis "Orange"
    Phyllobates bicolor "Uraba"

Oophaga pumilio "Black Jeans"
    Oophaga pumilio "Isla Popa"
    Oophaga pumilio "Bastimentos"
    Oophaga pumilio “Mimbitimbi”
    Oophaga pumilio "Rio Colubre"
    Oophaga pumilio "Red Frog Beach”
    Oophaga pumilio "Rio Branco"
    Oophaga pumilio “Valle del Rey”
    Oophaga pumilio "BriBri"
    Oophaga pumilio "El Dorado"
    Oophaga pumilio "Cristobal"
    Oophaga pumilio "Rambala"

Oophaga “Vicentei” (blue)

Oophaga sylvatica "Paru"
    Oophaga sylvatica "Pata Blanca"
    Oophaga histrionica “Redhead”
    Oophaga histrionica "Blue"
    Oophaga lehmanni "Red"
    Oophaga histrionica "Tado"

Ranitomeya variabilis "Southern"
    Ranitomeya imitator "Varadero"
    Ranitomeya sirensis "Lower Ucayali"
    Ranitomeya vanzolinii

http://www.fernsfrogs.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ferns.frogs

Thanks guys. My pets are my babies. I will do whatever I can for them. Sucks though that I only had her for a few months and already this poor girl has a heap of things going on! I just hope whatever this is can be diagnosed and treated! I don't mind h being a special needs frog but at least want to make sure I am doing everything I can to treat it!

Lucy 07/13/12 - YouTube Posted a video of her from this afternoon. Any one seen this?!

NatureLady

That is wild. I have never seen a dizzy frog! That is exactly what it looks like. Any word from the other vet's about their thoughts???

Quote Originally Posted by NatureLady View Post
    That is wild. I have never seen a dizzy frog! That is exactly what it looks like. Any word from the other vet's about their thoughts???
    She is not sure at all. She has never seen it. She says she might end up being a special needs frog or it might be an ear infection gone wrong. Could be a tumor. I have no clue at this point

DC101

Im so sorry blue, keep us posted on her condition. It sucks that these things happen to the nicest and caring people
    Lucy is so lucky to have such a loving owner.

Hope she turns out ok.

Nationality
    [United States]

Is it possible for frogs to get Inner ear infections?? If so I know that these can affect equilibrium which is like being dizzy because it throughs your balance off.

She was on antibiotics for 10 days for an ear infection, and now they put her on a stronger dose orally. No improvement. She has been on for 8 days now.

Nationality
    [United States]

Hmmm...Its strange. Is there anything near her or in her enclosure that when heated could release fumes?

Nothing that I can think of. Her tank is sitting on an island above the sink. Nothing around it. They checked her ears and eyes. All clear. No clue what else! Thank you all for the thoughts and well wishes for my Lucy

I just emailed Dr Frye and sent him/her the video. Maybe Dr. Frye knows someone or has seen this.

Great news so far, Lucy ate 3 crickets on her own today. Well kinda, I had to push them all over the place to she can jump for them but she did it herself There is a problem though with her trying to get the crickets. She doesn't jump far enough to get them. Only like half way. It took me about an hour for her to eat them but I don't care she did it!

NatureLady

That's great. Hope Dr Frye can give you some answers!

Well I wrote that Dr Frye guy so we will see what he comes up with. I sent him all the info on her meds and dates since the start of all this!!

Kristen

Oh no! I'm sorry
    Atleast she has a very caring mum who will do all she can.
    It's good that she is in no pain though, so you know she isn't suffering.
    Hopefully everything works out, good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information