Thread: Lots of barking and amplexus

Allistor

Default Lots of barking and amplexus

So my pupil-less FBT Roux keeps barking (chirping?) a LOT, not that I don't like it because it's rather cute, and keeps grabbing my other FBT Roxy (possible female but who knows lol). Do FBTs do this spontaneously sometimes without being brumated? And can they lay eggs without brumation? I'd rather not have baby tadpoles on my hands being so new to this. I guess he just thinks it's breeding season? He's been doing it every day since I got him, maybe every half hour. I doubt the store I got them from brumated them but I can't say for sure.
    Are there any other reasons why he could be doing this so much? I'm afraid he may "overbreed" Roxy, if that's possible in frogs? I'm not really sure how they breed, but I know leopard geckos can be overbred is why I ask (I know, two different species haha).

Edit: Only males do amplexus, correct? Guess my possible female is a male after all... just did amplexus to Roux. This is the first time I've seen Roxy do amplexus so guess it's time for a name change >.< Or it's pay back for the last few days

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

KDK241

Default Re: Lots of barking and amplexus

Its not just a breeding thing, its about dominance as well. My 2 males were constantly calling and on each other daily. It finally slowed down when I added more hiding spots and plants so that the less dominate one could get away from the other one. He was jumped on every time he even moved poor thing.

Thread Information