Thread: Waiting for my Cornuta~

dpcsquid

Default Waiting for my Cornuta~

I'm soon to be the proud owner of a Cornuta, hopefully by Friday! So while I'm finishing getting the place set up for the little guy/girl and thinking of names, I've been reading that they're hard to deal with at first. I can understand that with wild-caught, but I purchased a cbb. Can anyone that has a Cornuta, or experience with them, tell me what I should be ready for?

Thanks~. Names I'm tossing around right now are Mogh and Lore (if you get the references you get a piece of Pacman Food! )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ivan M

Default Re: Waiting for my Cornuta~

Just be ready for patience, let him/her settle for 2-3 days then offer food, you should be ok, keep that humidity around 85% or better and temps in the 80's. Good luck with him/her, remember over here we LOVE pics, once he has settled in and eaten take a few pics.

coastal20

Im still learning with my juvi green cornuta, but I have noticed that he does much better when I do not disturb him much.

IvoryReptiles

We have a few that we just got and they settled in easily. Ivan M gave some great advice. We have ours eating bits of nightcrawler from tongs. Ours took the food the evening of the day we received them, but this is not the norm according to most. Best of luck with your new frog!!!! I think the Cornuta are my favorite of the bunch so far!!!!

Namio

Yeah, mines took less than an hour before they took pinhead crickets, both hunting on their own and tong-feed from me. I'm not sure if all captive bred Cornuta will do that though. Although I do think froglets are much more aggressive feeders and are less discriminating.

Thread Information