Thread: Pacman living with another frog advice

arielgasca420

Default Pacman living with another frog advice

I have two frogs in the same enclosure which I am already aware is something you should never do. However, these two frogs are roughly the same size and do not bother eachother. Right now I have a pixie frog and a pacman frog. they both have hiding spots on different sides of the cage. I have an 18X18X24 exo terra enclosure which is a good size for now, but I am aware that I will have to seperate them in the future because the cage is not large enough for both their adult sizes. I was wondering if this is ok? I know it is not a great idea but even at full sizes is it possible for a 9-10 inch pixie to fit a full grown 6-7 inch pacman in its mouth? it seems like it would kill the frogs if they tried to each eachother.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

JIvoryII

Default Re: Pacman living with another frog advice

one fill try and both will end up dead... I had a 5 in pixie bust out and end up in my budgetts tank lets just say the 5 in budgetts ate the 5 in pixie. even if one doesnt eat the other they WILL get in to a fight sooner or later and niether will come out of it in good shape.. get a second cage, tank, tub and seperate them before it happens and you regret not doing it sooner.

arielgasca420

In that case i will just have to sell one because the long term cost of having to seperate tanks is way too expensive

hotnickles96

Smart responsible move

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

You can just buy tubs nothing fancy. The pixie will get bigger and will probably kill the. Pac man frog
    Ceratophyrs and African Bullfrog Keeper For Life

arielgasca420

I do have a glass ten gallon tank but i dont have enough light bulbs and fixtures. Im selling the pacman this week

Nationality
    [United States]

The pixie will probably out grow the 10 gal .they like a lot of water a male pixie will reach up to 10 in. So they need a lot of space I would stick the. Pacman they don't need a lot of space they are not that active

arielgasca420

Im keeping the pixie and his enclosure is a 18X18x24 exo terra. The ten gallon is just an extra tank i will be using to breed superworms in a month. I actually put the pacman in the extra ten gallon last night. I found a light fixture that has a month left of uvb. Its about 5 months old. Anyways, my biggest struggle now is getting the ten gallon to 80 degrees for my pacman without spending money so i will be lining the top with plastic wrap.

frogsanity12

Home depot sells plastic show boxes and tubs for cheap. Please separate them. The cost over time is minimal in comparison to most other pets. What's the temps in your room? You may not even need any lamps. I don't use any.

arielgasca420

Quote Originally Posted by frogsanity12 View Post
    Home depot sells plastic show boxes and tubs for cheap. Please separate them. The cost over time is minimal in comparison to most other pets. What's the temps in your room? You may not even need any lamps. I don't use any.
    My room is probably around roughly 72-75 so he is ok at night and i put the repti glo and that should be enough heat if i wrap the top of the glass 10 gallon. I am only keeping him for another week until I sell him locally.

Nationality
    [United States]

During the summer time I don't use heat I take them outside I may turn on my space heater sometimes when we came from maryland it was 80 degrees in the house

Nationality
    [United States]

You can use a tub for superworms have a bunch of babies now .I'm breeding crickets ,then start back breeding mealworms once I get a colony started

Wicked frogs

I house my full grown pac man and my F/ dwarf pixie together in a large tank they are not aggressive rather they are buddies the dwarf will try to sit on my pac man or right next to him they chase each other around idk my pac man is a wuss and my pixie has a pretty small head which it would be impossible for her to eat him she could nip but like i said i see no aggression towards them and they have lived together for about a half year but in your case having a giant mixed in would not be a good idea.

arielgasca420

Quote Originally Posted by pac View Post
    During the summer time I don't use heat I take them outside I may turn on my space heater sometimes when we came from maryland it was 80 degrees in the house
    i would love to have them outside, but my backyard has frequent blue jays which are notorious pests. They get into my dogs food and dive bomb my rabbits. I will keep them inside for now. I checked the temp of the tank an hour ago and it was at 80 degrees. i think this will be suitable for the time being.

arielgasca420

Quote Originally Posted by pac View Post
    You can use a tub for superworms have a bunch of babies now .I'm breeding crickets ,then start back breeding mealworms once I get a colony started
    i was thinking of using a plastic tub but I am very limited on space and trying to use the resources I have currently. my house is already packed with 6 rabbits, bearded dragon, guinea pig, cat, dog, two frogs, and a dubia colony. I need to open up my own petting zoo here pretty soon XD

arielgasca420

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked frogs View Post
    I house my full grown pac man and my F/ dwarf pixie together in a large tank they are not aggressive rather they are buddies the dwarf will try to sit on my pac man or right next to him they chase each other around idk my pac man is a wuss and my pixie has a pretty small head which it would be impossible for her to eat him she could nip but like i said i see no aggression towards them and they have lived together for about a half year but in your case having a giant mixed in would not be a good idea.
    It is funny you mention that because the pacman and pixie take turns sitting on top of eachother as well. I was unsure if that is a dominance trait, but I have not noticed any aggression. Sometimes they lie side by side. When I got the pixie they were the same size, and in the last two months the pixie has grown an inch. he still has a small head, same size as the pacman's. I am just now starting to worry about the difference in size and taking responsible action to seperating them.

Nationality
    [United States]

Better to be safe than sorry. Good that you are doing the responsible thing and separating them.

Thread Information