Thread: sore looking toes on grey tree frog

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    marylou

Default sore looking toes on grey tree frog

Well I have finally decided the injured tree frog I found isn't a green but grey. I know so very little about these little creatures. I brought it in and have had pretty good luck nursing it back to health, but I want to give it the best chance possible before I return it back to nature. It's tiny little back was crushed flat and she wasn't using it's back legs when I first brought her in. It has been so dry here and I'm sure she was dehydrated. Well it seems she wasn't ready to give in because almost everything seems to be good after about a week. The only thing I am concerned about at this point is her right back foot. The toes look really red to me and kind of seem to want to curl under sometimes. Even looks like maybe she drags? her toes on that foot. I have been keeping moist paper towell in the bottom of the aqurium and I think maybe they look a little better. Is there a chance I am over reacting and she is fine or do I need to be doing something? No vet for 80 to 100 miles to deal with this sort of thing. And like I said I know so very little, maybe she is perfectly normal.

LizardMama

Default Re: sore looking toes on grey tree frog

Can you post a pic of her? If her toes continue to do that I'd consider keeping her, she wouldn't have a chance in the wild

marylou

These are pics of little Bella and what I think are sore feet. This has been her temp. home for about a week now. And I do put in fresh folage dampened with spring water.

Name:  frog6.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  42.3 KBName:  frog2.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  27.3 KBName:  frog1.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  24.9 KBName:  frog5.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  27.6 KBName:  frog4.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  15.5 KBName:  frog3.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  24.0 KB

LizardMama

Those toes look right painful, they're really red looking. Keep a good eye on her and congrats on the green Gray Tree Frog.

marylou

Thanks . Any idea what it could be or what I can do? Something to soak her in? I really want to help her and don"t know where to start. What should I be watching for? Just toes getting worse?

LizardMama

The frog staying on the floor of the cage, not climbing well, not eating or spending some time in the water dish are some signs to keep a look out for. Keep a good eye on them toes

Thread Information