Thread: Grey Tree Frog Question!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

BerryNight

Question Grey Tree Frog Question!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I have 6 Grey Tree Frogs, 1 is a female and the rest are males, I keep 1 of my males with the female in a seperate tank but I think my female is pregnant! The 1 male that is with my female has been calling for a while and my female got very fat... How can I be sure if she is pregnant or not? And if she is pregnant will the males still try to mate with her?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

LizardMama

Default Re: Grey Tree Frog Question!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Have you seen your male climb on your female's back and hold on tight? Put a container with a plant inside it in the cage and fill it with water, if you wake up to find some egg-like bubbles in the container then yes the female was pregnant. I've been wondering for quite some time if my 1 female Gray Tree Frog is pregnant too

4. This member thanks LizardMama for this post:

Default Re: Grey Tree Frog Question!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by BerryNight View Post
    I have 6 Grey Tree Frogs, 1 is a female and the rest are males, I keep 1 of my males with the female in a seperate tank but I think my female is pregnant! The 1 male that is with my female has been calling for a while and my female got very fat... How can I be sure if she is pregnant or not? And if she is pregnant will the males still try to mate with her?
    There's valuable breeding information in the care sheet Frog Forum - Gray Tree Frog Care and Breeding

Also, they don't get 'pregnant'. They get 'gravid' as in 'filled with eggs'. This is part of the reproductive cycle the male has nothing to do with, so when he said it wasn't him he actually wasn't lying to avoid parental responsibilities(*). He's only useful for fertilizing the eggs as they are laid. After which he goes "out for a pack of cigarettes from the corner store" and never returns.

(*)This would be a pathetic thing to lie about since they actually have no parental responsibilities, being a gray treefrog and all.

6. This member thanks UncleChester for this post:

Thread Information