Thread: Pacman refuses to eat

infamouschris7

Default Pacman refuses to eat

I have had a pacman frog since mid february where i got from petsmart. At that time he was smaller than a quarter and now he is a bit bigger than a silver dollar. He had quite an appetite when he was young and was actually very active. He would jump around all night in his tank.

Now i have had a very hard time getting him to eat. There was a point where he didnt eat for two weeks so i read about force feeding and went ahead and tried that. I was succesful in getting him to eat. Then there was a point where he would go after superworms the moment I would drop them in his tank. That lasted for about 4 weeks and now im having a hard time getting him to eat again.

Ive tried force feeding crickets again and he literally "spits" them out of his mouth. Anything that i feed him he will spit out. He wont move around in his substrate at all anymore. He used to burry himself in it and now doesnt do that anymore. He will just sit on top of the substrate and not move at all for days.

My main concern is why he is spitting out the food that i give him. Ive never read anything about that and i would like to know if i can get some answers as to why he would do such a thing.

I am using a water conditioner, temp is right, and misting everyday.

P.S. I also have a pixie frog in another tank which is the same size and doing everything exactly the same and im having no problems with it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

IvoryReptiles

Default Re: Pacman refuses to eat

Number one, Ceratrophys & Pyxies are two whole different worlds. Not the same care for both species.
    If your frog is refusing to eat and spitting out food, maybe try something different.....and NOT super or meal worms!! They have an exoskeleton (chitin) that could cause an impaction in your frog if fed often. I would suggest Nightcrawlers/Earthworms......They will act as a mild laxative and hopefully get things moving for your frog.

before we go any further, please take some time to answer this questionaire. It will help us assist you.

http://www.frogforum.net/pacman-frog...enclosure.html

Hope we can help!

infamouschris7

Ok so should i wait some while before feeding him a nightcrawler?
    I still have a hard time getting him to eat so im not sure if ill even be able to get him to eat it.

Ivan M

AS IVORY said, read trouble in the enclosure, it will help US help you, if you want to provide pics of your set up that will also help us, hopefully things will turn around for the better after some help here.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan M View Post
    AS IVORY said, read trouble in the enclosure, it will help US help you, if you want to provide pics of your set up that will also help us, hopefully things will turn around for the better after some help here.
    Stay calm Ivan.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by infamouschris7 View Post
    Ok so should i wait some while before feeding him a nightcrawler?
    I still have a hard time getting him to eat so im not sure if ill even be able to get him to eat it.
    You can try and offer small pieces at first. About 1.25" long. First you should answer the questions in the link Jess has provided for you.

Ivan M

Quote Originally Posted by GrifTheGreat View Post
    Stay calm Ivan.
    LOL. Not meant in a mean way at all, just maybe he is new around here and did not see the sticky, no harm meant at all, my sincere Apologies if it was taken that way.

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan M View Post
    LOL. Not meant in a mean way at all, just maybe he is new around here and did not see the sticky, no harm meant at all, my sincere Apologies if it was taken that way.
    No problem. That's the reason why I said to be calm. A lot of new members don't even post their questions in the correct area so its up to us to provide the help and give them a good experience here.

infamouschris7

Ok I went ahead and posted like u said in the trouble in the enclosure

Ivan M

Quote Originally Posted by infamouschris7 View Post
    Ok I went ahead and posted like u said in the trouble in the enclosure
    I gave you a few tips over on "Trouble in the Enclosure" i hope it is of some help. Please keep us updated on your progress. Best of luck, i think your pacman will do fine once you follow a few of the tips.

Thread Information