Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FREE Cuban Tree Frogs

tommyboy

Default FREE Cuban Tree Frogs

Hello. I live in Orlando Florida. We have many native reptiles and amphibians here. One of those is NOT the Cuban Tree Frog (Osteopilus Septentrionalis) The Cuban Tree Frog is a large Beautiful hardy species. Unfortunately they are eating our native frogs and reptiles. The state has put out a notice to kill every Cuban Tree Frog found in Florida.

Here is where I have a problem with that. It is not the Cuban Tree Frogs fault that it ended up in my yard in Florida. I have three kids who all love reptiles and amphibians. The last thing I want to do is encourage them to kill anything. I agree the Cuban Tree Frogs need to go because they are damaging our ecosystem. We have caught several Cuban Tree Frogs in our yard. We would rather give them to someone where they would not survive in the wild. So, if you are from a state where it gets colder than 30 degrees for more than 30 days, I will be happy to send you as many Cuban Tree Frogs as I can find. I will even pay the shipping. You can message me or respond to this thread.

Thanks

Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: FREE Cuban Tree Frogs

I would definitely be interested in obtaining some Cuban Tree Frogs! I've always loved this species (well, I guess that goes for most ANY frog, lol!) I would gladly take a trio of them whenever you find the time to want to send them my way. I live up in Kentucky and it definitely gets COLD in the winter!

froglover27

could you post some pictures?

tommyboy

Quote Originally Posted by froglover27 View Post
    could you post some pictures?

I will get some pics up by tomorrow. They have several "looks" they are very light beige at night with slight leopard like markings. They can change to a greenish color with tiger like markings on their legs and back. During the day they turn a jet black and soak in their water dish all day. I will try to capture all the color variations when I get the pics.

froglover27

okay. Thanks!!

ThatxDude2580

Hey! I would love some Cubans! Maybe if you could get me two. Shoot me a message whenever you get a chance (Or Email) and I'll give you my address and we can figure this thing out

NatureLady

I would love to see some photo's and I may be interested.

tommyboy

Hey, I have eight right now. 3 are already taken. let me know how many you want and I will send them to you. also send me your address. I will be shipping out the frogs tomorrow and I can send your out at the same time. I will take care of the shipping.

Tom

tommyboy

Name:  IMG_3007.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  72.9 KBName:  IMG_3009.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  84.2 KBName:  IMG_3010.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  74.4 KBName:  IMG_3011.jpg
Views: 1031
Size:  93.0 KB

Here are some pictures from tonight. me and my son went out looking and found 6 more. I didn't realize how many there were here. They have become a real problem in Florida. You hardly see the native frogs any more because these guys are eating them. the light isn't good and they are dark right now because they are stressed form being caught. the sizes range from 2" to 4" long. all are fat and healthy. I will be shipping some out tomorrow so if you want any let me know. I will get the shipping.

NatureLady

The Cuban Treefrog in Florida

Just thought I would post this for informational purposes.

tommyboy

Quote Originally Posted by NatureLady View Post
    The Cuban Treefrog in Florida

Just thought I would post this for informational purposes.
    Great info thanks.

gopey21

Hi Tom,
    I am a Boston native. The Cuban is the only tree frog I ever encountered in the wild on a trip to the keys. That experience led to a 10 year frog keeping hobby. I've had good and bad luck over the years. I just lost an Indonesian White's that I had for 6 1/2 years. Now I am frogless for the 1st time in 10 years. I would love a hardy Cuban. I'm new to the forum, so I'm not sure how to give contact info.
    Andy

LizardMama

Can you send me 2 of those wonderful frogs? I will give them a wonderful home where they will stay nice and warm and well fed. I have 3 Gray Tree Frogs and 1 Barking Tree Frog that are real healthy, if you want pics of them please send me a message and I will send some pics right away. Btw, I live in Virginia where it definitely gets chilly/cold at winter.

100+ Post Member Teh Frog Whisperer's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]

You may want to put me on your waiting list for a Cuban tree frog! I'm looking for an interesting frog to get for my little brother's birthday-would you recommend a Cuban for a young kid's first frog? Or something else?
    0.1.0 Lepidobatrachus laevis-George-RIP
    0.1.0 Ceratophrys cranwelli x cornuta-Peggy
    0.0.1 Litoria caerulea-Fremont
    0.0.1 Lithobates catesbeianus-The Bullfrog
    0.0.2 Ranitomeya sp.-Clay and Gemma

tommyboy

Definitely not a Cuban Tree frog. you cannot hold them, they are slightly toxic. they can cause skin irritations with their slime. For a first frog, decide whether the frog is a "look only" frog or a frog you can hold. probably a frog you can hold for a child. I would recommend a waxy monkey tree frog or whites tree frog. you can hold them and they don't need a lot of special needs and you can hand feed them. let me know if you have any questions. also post that question on this forum about what is a good beginner frog for a child. specify one you want to look at or hold. good luck

100+ Post Member Teh Frog Whisperer's Avatar
    Nationality
    [United States]

Oh. Well I might just get one for myself then! Haha :P
    0.1.0 Lepidobatrachus laevis-George-RIP
    0.1.0 Ceratophrys cranwelli x cornuta-Peggy
    0.0.1 Litoria caerulea-Fremont
    0.0.1 Lithobates catesbeianus-The Bullfrog
    0.0.2 Ranitomeya sp.-Clay and Gemma

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

I live in a mountainous area of Ca, and I work at a rept/amphibian museum. During winter we get a foot of snow. I would take as many as you can send me. If you can send some to 38480 Oak glen rd. Oak glen Ca 92399. Attention:TREVER

LizardMama

Hi Tommy, any news on the frogs? I sent you a message a week ago with my address in it and asking for 2 of the frogs did you get it?

mrzoggs

never got back to me. messaged with him a few times back and forth and he was supposed to send some but i never heard from him after that.

PooOnShu

I'm happy that you are able to do your part to help with the tree frog problem without destroying them, while bringing joy to folks in colder climates.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information