Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FREE Cuban Tree Frogs

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: FREE Cuban Tree Frogs

I was suppose to get three and he was suppose to ship them a week ago...never heard back from him either. =\

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

PooOnShu

What a bummer. I wonder if the authorities got involved.

tuckmaster1

I would love a cuban tree frog put me on the waiting list.

Nabced

I would love a Cuban Tree Frog if at all possible! I live in PA :P

tommyboy

Hey, sorry for the absent response. Life got in the way plus I have had problems with shipping issues. nothing serious, just a hurdle. The post office did not want to take the frogs at the local office. They recommend that I take the frogs directly to the airport to ship and a class 3 license may be required. So, I am in the middle of getting my class three license because I intended on getting one anyway. I still have the frogs in an outdoor screen enclosure and are doing well. I still intend on shipping the frogs out as soon as I work out the details. I am really interested in developing a program to capture the Cuban tree frogs and shipping them to frog lovers up north. I have noticed since I have been taking the invasive Cubans out of the enviornment, other native frog species (mainly juveniles)have been showing up that I have never seen before. maybe a good sign that they normally would have been eaten by the Cubans and now are safe to grow up with one less predator.

Please bare with me for a couple weeks until I can sort this out.

Thanks

Tom

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Tom I completly understand life has a way of doing that to you. Well on the bright side your gonna get that licence and you have been seeing some young frogs. I think what your doing is great. Just keep me posted as I am still very interesed in helping both your local and this invasive species from being killed. Thanks again!

ariesheiress

Quote Originally Posted by NatureLady View Post
    The Cuban Treefrog in Florida

Just thought I would post this for informational purposes.
    ^ Oh holy jeez! Did anyone read this ?? I am appalled! Kudos to you Tommyboy for helping the CTFs ! !

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

This is why so many of use are offering them homes. Truth be told though something have to be done about them or they will be the only tree frogs left in Florida. it is very sad that so many frogs are losing there lives because of people and our stupidity. At least there are a few of us who care.

LizardMama

I wish people were more like you Tom, instead of killing the frogs you save them and offer them to people who are interested in giving them a home. Kudos Tommy to you for saving both the invasive and natural species of Florida!

BciJoe

Hello, my name is Joe. First, I don't want to step on anyones toes, I think what is being done here is great.

I can provide hundred, thousands of cubans, but they will be tadpoles.

I am in south west florida and they are the only frog I really see here.

We are starting our rainy season... their breeding season... and every puddle and retention pond has them.

I will have to charge a very small fee, and you will have to pay shipping, simply because I am not well off, and actually unemployed, and it does take time, effort and gas money to get around and collect.... i'm sure you can understand that.

The price will be something minimal - only 10 cents a piece.

I have had a class III license for well over a decade and have experience shipping animals of all kinds.

I also have discovered and will be offering ALBINO Cuban Tree Frogs, but they are a bit pricey since they are still extremely rare.

I will be posting a seperate thread/ad for those since my intent was not to hijack this thread.

Thanks again

LizardMama

Hey Tom how is the class 3 license going?

NancyC

http://customcritical.fedex.com/us/s...-animals.shtml

Fed ex ships live animals. I don't know how much it costs though.

Nationality
    [United States]

Can you see how much shipping would be? Im very interested on a few

Amber

NancyC

Amber...I tried to call the number on their website but it is not business hours. I will try tomorrow. I have about ten cuban tads that have their rear legs. And 30 that are still tads. I can't keep them all. They are too big. I am only keeping one. Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343608858.010916.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  66.1 KB

Nationality
    [United States]

Just let me know no rush

Amber

NancyC

I contacted FedEx. They only do commercial. UPS does it next day air saver. They charge for 3 pound box is 62.05. Josh's frogs has all the packing material to ship the frog for 9.90. That is getting pricey. I will keep looking. How does anyone else ship their frogs if they have to?

BciJoe

UPS is usually the most expensive, IMO.

Go to a site called Ship Your Reptiles. That's what the industry uses to get great prices using fedex overnight by next business morning. 99.9% of the people you talk to at fedex will tell you they don't ship reptiles or similar animals.. they have no clue. All the big dealers use them to ship tens of thousands of exotics daily.

It may cost about $50-$75 if you just use Fedex next business day yourself, but you will probably pay around HALF that with shipyourreptiles.

Or, depending on the time of year/weather, can use USPS overnight which is not always guaranteed overnight but costs around $30.

Also, go to a local fish/pet shop and ask them to save you boxes which come with styrofoam lining. Then use crumbled newspaper to fill in gaps. All free.

If you are paying $10 in packing for each box you ship, you better be breeding and selling high end stuff! lol
    Last edited by BciJoe; July 30th, 2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: adding text

NancyC

http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/ship...ow_fedex_rates

Shipping Method Compare At You Save Your Cost
    FedEx Priority Overnight $69.55 $13.91 $55.64
    FedEx 2Day $26.77 $5.35 $21.42
    FedEx Express Saver $19.38 $3.88 $15.50
    FedEx Home Delivery $13.55 $1.35 $12.20
    FedEx Ground $10.80 $1.08 $9.72
    Your shipping label will not expire, but it may be used only once.

This is what I found out from ship your reptiles. I would want to use fed ex priority over night.

NancyC

I will send anyone my Cubans if they want to pay the shipping. I saw my neighbor try to kill one the other day and I almost lost it. Thankfully she missed. She was trying to smack it with a broom. I am going to go out tonight and see if I can catch it before she does. I have 4 froglets now and another will be out of the water tomorrow. The rest are still tadpoles.

BciJoe

I thought they would've been a little better.. I think when businesses sign up with them and use them more often they get a better savings because i've noticed some of the bigger breeders who ship more pften are charging these days flat rates of about $35 or so.

I also know from working on a reptile farm before that when a business has a large account with them directly they pay around $20-$30 on average. If you know someone, ask them if you can ship with them.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information