Thread: 'ello!

dpcsquid

Default 'ello!

Hi! My name is Sasha and I'm 30, living in Northern Virginia. I've always loved reptiles and amphibians, but never got to own one of my own (Except for a family red-eared slider in a tank); my brothers got all the cool lizards.

I work part time for an animal hospital and we worked very closely with a family-owned pet store down the street, and one time when I went I was mesmerized by what appeared to be an orange softball in a tank. Then I realized it had eyes, and was appropriately called a "Pacman Frog." I was fascinated.

I bought my first about a month ago; let's just call him Dip for short (his name is actually completely different and kind of dirty, haha). Last week I was at Petsmart and was smitten by an even smaller Pac, which I took home and named Picard. I'd get more, but I'm so pressed for space. One day when I have a house I'll probably pick up a few more.

I was able to adapt my Zoo-Med fogger to go into 2 tanks at once, so I was able to cut down on the cost in that sense. Anyway, if anyone has any other shortcuts I'd love to hear them!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Welcome to the forum .

Pacs are really cute. We love ours. We have 3 but would love one of every color if I had the time to care for them all. We also have red eyed tree frogs.

Do you have any pictures to share?
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Kurt

Default Re: 'ello!

Quote Originally Posted by dpcsquid View Post
    I bought my first about a month ago; let's just call him Dip for short (his name is actually completely different and kind of dirty, haha).
    I want to hear the rest of the story. Welcome aboard.

Nationality
    [United States]

Welcome to the forum! I think Pacmans are great frogs. I just picked up another today. I would also like to hear the story on how "Dip" got his name.

Chaser

Welcome to Frog Forum! My brother also has a Pacman! Their very interesting frogs!

dpcsquid

Well, for those of you who asked, here are a few pictures:

"Dip" in the sink, when I was weighing and measuring him. He's about 2.75 inches, 2.25 oz:
    Name:  RBCCTl.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  36.1 KB
    Here's him in his natural habitat:
    Name:  fd9R5l.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  49.8 KB
    The rocks are huge (bigger than he is, and cleaned and everything), so don't worry about those, and the white powder is calcium powder that I washed off him. He kind of looks like a little crack addict when he eats too many crickets. C:

Here's Picard's home:

Name:  rhKYFl.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  46.6 KB
    And him after a quick rinse:
    Name:  KVJMtl.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  65.9 KB

He's about 1.25 inches long, and won't stay still long enough to weigh him. At the moment, they're both only eating crickets, although I did try Red Wigglers with Dip and I just bought them wax worms...which they weren't interested in. But I'll keep trying on the waxies for some variety/treats.

As for the naaaaaame...heh, I'm going to have to use a lot of *'s here. Dip is short for Dips**t, although that isn't his real name either. I'm going to use a badword in another language here...Dips**t in German is "Arschgeige", which is his real name. It literally means "A** Violin"...don't know why, but we would say "Dips**t", and hence just using Dip on the forums. I use the term lovingly, though. I don't sit there and berate the little guy, but sometimes he does things that just kind of make me slap my forehead and sigh. I'm sure other pac owners know what I'm talking about.

Branman

Quote Originally Posted by toxxxickitten View Post
    Welcome to the forum! I think Pacmans are great frogs. I just picked up another today. I would also like to hear the story on how "Dip" got his name.
    Haha lol

Nationality
    [United States]

Lol!!! I know a smidge of German. Funny!
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by dpcsquid View Post
    As for the naaaaaame...heh, I'm going to have to use a lot of *'s here. Dip is short for Dips**t, although that isn't his real name either. I'm going to use a badword in another language here...Dips**t in German is "Arschgeige", which is his real name. It literally means "A** Violin"...don't know why, but we would say "Dips**t", and hence just using Dip on the forums. I use the term lovingly, though. I don't sit there and berate the little guy, but sometimes he does things that just kind of make me slap my forehead and sigh. I'm sure other pac owners know what I'm talking about.
    I think that goes for a lot of critters, lol. They can be so entertaining. My newest addition, Tonka, tried to eat my pinky yesterday as I was taking pictures of him. Of course, his mouth is way too small to even attempt to get my pinky in his mouth. LOL. It's just funny they think they are much bigger then they are.

Thread Information