Thread: Cranweli or Ornata?

dpcsquid

Default Cranweli or Ornata?

Hey everyone! This is my first post, so I hope I don't make an idiot out of myself.

I bought a Cranweli from Petsmart a few weeks ago, and I got hooked on the little guy. I'm in love. <3 Last week I was at another petsmart that listed a baby Green Pacman (Ornata on their sign), and I took the little bugger home too. He's about 1.25 inches long, but now that I've rinsed him off I think he may be a Cranweli! Can you guys look at the pics and let me know?

His name is Picard. I want to put a little USS Enterprise Bridge as wallpaper on his glass one day, heheh!

Name:  IMG_0593.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  57.7 KB
    Name:  PA6sSl.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  64.9 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Default Re: Cranweli or Ornata?

Cranwelli

dpcsquid

So what I'm getting here is that Petsmart likes to just kind of throw a dart at a board full of Pacman frog names and pick one out. Ah well, I'll love him just the same!

Nationality
    [United States]
    Blog Entries

Yes pretty much. You would be lucky to find an employee in there that knows it will eat more than crickets.

Quote Originally Posted by dpcsquid View Post
    So what I'm getting here is that Petsmart likes to just kind of throw a dart at a board full of Pacman frog names and pick one out. Ah well, I'll love him just the same!

Nationality
    [United States]

Petsmart and Petco are notorious for labeling their Pacman Frogs wrong. I recently purchased a Green Apple Pacman from our local Petsmart and they sold it for $15.99 which is far less than Green Apples cost from a breeder or Expo.

Namio

Yeah I bought a cranwelli mislabeled as an ornata at Petco, too.

pacrat

i woudnt buy anything from my local petsmart once i bought a green pacman and it died the same night i brought it home i was bummed out cuz i did everything right the next day i brought it back to them this woman had to argue with me saying it must of been my fault wich in return pissed me the **** off long story short they gave me a new one well that night i found it upside down in it's water dish barely alive and it kept flipping upside down took it back got my money and never went back

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by pacrat View Post
    i woudnt buy anything from my local petsmart once i bought a green pacman and it died the same night i brought it home i was bummed out cuz i did everything right the next day i brought it back to them this woman had to argue with me saying it must of been my fault wich in return pissed me the **** off long story short they gave me a new one well that night i found it upside down in it's water dish barely alive and it kept flipping upside down took it back got my money and never went back
    Your second one was severely stressed. Flipping over on their back repeatedly is one of the main signs of severe stress. Possibly from being introduced to a new environment. Did you place a background on 3 sides of the enclosure for security? 4 of my 6 Pacman Frogs from my local Petsmart.

pacrat

yep did everything by the books eco earth plants covered 3 sides of the ank temps were good treated the water and the water for the substrate i knew he had to be stressed out or he/she was sick the only thing i buy from their are supplies now nobody there knew that much about them either

pacrat

nice little frog by the way hope it grows into a beast!!

Nationality
    [United States]

Quote Originally Posted by pacrat View Post
    yep did everything by the books eco earth plants covered 3 sides of the ank temps were good treated the water and the water for the substrate i knew he had to be stressed out or he/she was sick the only thing i buy from their are supplies now nobody there knew that much about them either
    Yeah the employees usually don't know anything. There are a select few that have well informed and experience employees, but most do not.

Thread Information