Thread: EMERGENCY: Something wrong with frog's leg.

heddahgir

Exclamation EMERGENCY: Something wrong with frog's leg.

California Tree frogs. I took my froggies out today to clean the tank and when I put them back I saw something wrong with my Hector's right back leg. He is dragging it and can't seem to hop high or properly. I THOUGHT I noticed something the other day, but the sides of the tank were wet and he was climbing up and so I thought he was just slipping. I was thinking it may be broken, or I was think metabolic bone disease. I'm so worried, I love the little guy, what can I do for him. Tomorrow I am getting calcium powder, and I made sure he ate but he isnt really showing much interest in the crickets. He fell into the water and couldn't get back out, so I eventually opened the tank and helped him out, but he just got right back in so maybe he knows what he's doing. But can anyone shed a little light on this? I feel so horrible for him. My boyfriend told me to put him in a separate tank for right now, but to check first. PLEASE PLEASE help! The photo attached is Hector.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

RedHed

Separate Hector from the other frogs. Make surd he has plenty of places to hide in his new quarantine tank. Try to leave him alone so he doesn't stress out. Tomorrow I'm sure someone will have a better idea for how to treat him. Good luck

heddahgir

Default Re: EMERGENCY: Something wrong with frog's leg.

Thank you so much.

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Do you usually use calcium/vitamin D 3 powder? Does it look as though he has any injuries to the leg? Is he moving the leg at all? Do you notice any twitching or odd movements of the leg or foot? Are the rest of his limbs moving normally?

I would gently move him to a quarantine tank with paper towel substrate and mist. Give him a shallow water bowl he can't get hurt in and can easily get out of.

Definitely dust his crickets.

The treatment will depend on if the leg/foot in injured vs. vitamin deficiency. Since he is clumsy right now, this is the safest way to protect him. But try and stress him as little as possible.
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Thread Information