Thread: Keeping Plants,Isopods & Tree Frogs

Yusil

Default Keeping Plants,Isopods & Tree Frogs

Hi .

Okay, so about a week ago, I decided to just drop some pebbles I left outside in a container into my 10g that I'm still working on, not really caring about them, other than to wash them off, which in retrospect probably wasn't smart, because now plants have grown like crazy...

I'm assuming it's probably grass or something that somehow made it's way into the container and have gotten onto the pebbles, so now I have these plants. At first, I was like; "what the..." but then I thought it might be a good thing, since the Frogs will probably enjoy a bit of foliage to hop on and hide in/under.

Though, as I'm still working on it, they haven't been introduced yet, though I let my cultured Isopods roam around in there to get started colonizing hopefully.

Well... it turns out these plants are something of a delicacy to the Isopods, even though I don't have enough to destroy my plants completely, they're leaving tiny holes in the blades and it makes me wonder now will the plants hold up the weight of the Frogs [even though they're barely bigger that an inch or two].

This is what it looks like so far;
    Name:  IMG_1273.jpg
Views: 3658
Size:  66.0 KB
    [That empty spot will be where I either put an upside down pot for them to hide in or just soil].

I don't want to get rid of my precious Isopods, cause they are tank cleaners, but I don't want my Frogs falling because the plants have holes in them. Though they grow back fairly quickly.

I wanted a bigger more sturdy plant, but I don't want it to get too big and grow above the tank's height.

Any advice on what I should do... hopefully that doesn't require me getting rid of my Isopods.

Thanks .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nationality
    [United States]
    Picture Albums: Member Photo Albums

Tree frogs prefer plants with tall sturdy leaves. They like to perch on the tops and sleep on the undersides of them. You can add some in. Be sure to rinse off dirt, bugs, and especially fertilizers before adding them to the tank.

Be careful using rocks. Be sure they are larger than your frogs mouth so they don't actually ingest them while eating their crickets. Or cover them with substrate. If the rocks are under water it's ok. It depends on what kinds of frogs you're going to have.

Try making a post on plants for vivariums. Pothos, rhododendrons, philodendrons, bromeliads work well depending on how you're going to set it up.

Hope this helps .
    https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203589094112277&id=1363241107&set =a.1434844115446.2055312.1363241107&source=11&ref= bookmark

Thread Information